This is our family Beef Brisket Recipe. It is melt in your mouth terrific! We make this a few times a year, usually for gatherings and then we have leftovers. It also freezes very well for meals and sandwiches at a later date.
Beef Brisket Recipe
Beef Brisket Recipe Notes:
Over the past year I have been working at updating recipe photos (this recipe originally appeared on my old blog in 2011). When Hubby made this a few weeks ago, I decided to at least retake the final photos. I think next time he makes it, I will retake the in-process photos too. Man those are small!
This is one of his very best recipes!! I can’t begin to explain how delicious this is. It literally melts in your mouth. You can serve it hot or cold. It reheats beautifully, so if you want to marinade day 1, cook day 2, and then cut and reheat day 3, that is perfectly fine. Cutting cold meat is actually easier than cutting hot meat.
You can make an Au Jus, use BBQ sauce, plain… it is all good!!
This beef brisket also freezes very well for leftovers at a later date. What we do is trim the excess fat (not a lot, just the excess), make up the recipe and marinade overnight, cook the next day, eat, and then determine how much we would like to eat for leftovers, and then foodsaver slab(s) of cooked beef brisket for a later date. We usually eat that cold, but it can certainly be warmed up!
Beef Brisket Mise en Place:
Beef Brisket Directions
(Note: below is how I originally wrote the post in 2011.)
Hubby started with a 10# brisket, and a foil lined jelly roll pan:
He mixed together these ingredients in a bowl:
4 TBSP Liquid Smoke
4 TBSP Soy Sauce
2 tsp Garlic Powder
4 tsp Celery Seeds
2 tsp Ground Pepper
4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt
10# Beef Brisket
Then he spread the mixture on one side of the brisket, flipped it, and swabbed the second side with the marinade.
After that he folded the ends:
Until the brisket was completely sealed:
He then placed the package in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
The next day he cooked it for 6 hours at 275º (you could cook it a tad quicker at 300º for 5 hours)
It come out beautifully
And cuts like butter!
At this point you can choose to eat the brisket with, or without, BBQ Sauce.
- 4 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 tsp Celery Seeds
- 2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 TBSP Liquid Smoke
- 10lb Beef Brisket
- Line a Jelly Roll pan (10″x15″) with aluminum foil with enough overlap to close in a pouch over the brisket. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together soy sauce, garlic powder, celery seeds, ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion powder, salt and liquid smoke.
- Spread the marinade on one side of the brisket, flip the brisket over and swab the second side with the marinade. Make certain to swab the ends of the beef brisket.
- Place beef brisket on aluminum foil in jelly roll pan. Fold the ends of the aluminum foil until the brisket is completely sealed. (Like a foil pouch.)
- Place the package in the refrigerator to marinate overnight (12+ hours).
- Remove from refrigerator and cook the beef brisket still enclosed in the foil pouch at 275º for 6 hours. (You could cook it a tad quicker at 300º for 5 hours)
- Remove from oven. You can slice hot, or allow to cool and place in refrigerator for next day slicing and serving. This is a great beef brisket to make the day before a function as it reheats wonderfully.
- At this point you can choose to eat the brisket with, or without, BBQ Sauce.
- Note: the beef brisket leftover freeze beautifully.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 lb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g
If you would like more beef recipes, try one of these:
● Italian Beef Recipe – This is the best Italian Beef recipe you will ever make. Succulent, juicy beef cooked to perfection with just a hint of seasoning. This is the beef recipe you have been looking for. Try this easy to make Italian Beef Recipe for dinner tonight!
● Marinated Roast Beef Recipe – Bursting with flavor, this marinade makes an economical beef cut taste expensive making it moist and juicy. Absolutely delicious.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!