Caprese Salad Recipe
● 1# Fresh Mozzarella
● Fresh Basil
● Olive Oil
● Balsamic Vinegar
● Oregano (hubby could not resist)
● Fresh Ground Pepper
● Cut the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes uniformly.
● Strip the vein from the fresh basil (I cut them out in a V).
● In a circle, layer tomatoes, basil, mozzarella until the circle is complete.
● Drizzle olive oil over circle, sprinkle balsamic vinegar, and grind fresh pepper over the top.
● While oregano is not normally used, hubby insists on giving the plate a sprinkle.
Hubby puts this together every summer get-together at our house, and it is always a big hit!
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● For more Recipes on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
Perfect ingredients-for a perfect combination.
I’m so glad that fresh mozzarella is becoming more common in markets across America.
Do you have a favorite balsamic vinegar? Those aged vinegars are EXPENSIVE and what do you think about those concentrated balsamic glazes?
Barbee, I don’t have a favorite. I have yet to use a concentrated glaze… how’s that worked for you?
I bought a bottle of the concentrate ages ago and have only used it a couple of times.
I make a caramelized onion and swiss cheese tart that calls for vinegar in finishing the onions. I like it.
Good thing it keeps forever-not a whole bunch of uses.
I only use the concentrated balsamic glaze and love them. The one I like is from Smart and Final. It’s their brand. Premium Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena from Italy. Very high quality and delicious.
One of my favorite ultimate salads!!
Mine too, Didi!
Kim @ Soliloquy Of Food & Such says
This is one of my all time favorite combos!! Plus, it’s fanned out, and swirled to perfection :o)
Stopping by from Pint Sized Baker – have a great week!!
Hubby does set a nice tray, Kim! Thanks for stopping by.
Linda@With A Blast says
What an excellent way to serve! And I agree, the Oregano is a must 🙂
One of my favorite salads! It always is so pretty!
It does add a great pop of color to any meal.
Steve this is my Hubby’s creation, so you can do it too!
Parent Club says
Oh that looks beautiful and yummy!
Thanks for linking to my #WW
Give it a go! It is easy, delicious and oh so lovely.
Mystery Case says
This is my favourite salad! Happy WW, feel free to pop over and link up at Ms Mystery Case.
Alissa Apel says
That looks so yummy!
I’d like to make that. It doesn’t look hard.
I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! The party is open every Friday and closes at midnight on Wednesday night. Who knows, you just might be featured next week!
I follow back: bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter. =)
Yum! I love caprese salad.
one of my favorite summer salads. Thanks for stopping by WW
It looks delicious to me. 🙂
This is not only beautiful, it also looks delicious! Must try. 🙂 Thanks for linking up!
Julie Corbisiero says
I love caprese salad and I sometimes make this when I am entertaining as an appetizer.
Angela Galbraith says
Such a simple easy and delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing