This delicious cheesecake is a terrific holiday dessert, great for parties, and for get-togethers. It is a creamy and delectable cheesecake, with just a touch of tartness. Go ahead, delight your taste buds with this Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake this holiday season!
Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Recipe
Many people love cheesecake! It is one of my family’s favorite desserts. I make cheesecakes often as they are pretty simple to make. I find it extremely satisfying that I can make a gorgeous cheesecake like this Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake and wow friends and family.
Since nearly everyone has a get-together or holiday party or event where – even if you are not hosting – you are bringing a holiday sweet. If you have the time, make this terrific holiday cranberry sauce cheesecake and watch everyone’s eyes light up with each decadent bite.
How to Make Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake
1. Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the springform pan.
2. Make the crust – In a food processor, pulse the cookies until they are powder. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse until sand-like. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Make the filling – Reduce oven to 325 degrees. Beat together the cream cheese, flour, and sugar. Add both extracts and beat. Add one egg at a time and beat thoroughly each time. Mix in the sour cream.
4. Prep – Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Wrap the pan in tin foil and place it in a baking dish filled with hot water that reaches halfway up the springform pan.
5. Bake – Place spoonfuls of the cranberry sauce on top of the cheesecake and swirl it with a butter knife. Bake for 75 minutes.
6. Chill – Let the cheesecake recipe cool outside of the fridge until it reaches room temperature. Then, let it chill in the fridge for 8 or more hours. Top and enjoy!
Tips and variations for making this cranberry sauce cheesecake:
● My The Best Cranberry Sauce Recipe is used in this cheesecake. It is simple to make. If you have another cranberry sauce recipe you prefer, or if you prefer canned cranberry sauce, substitute that instead.
● This is also a delicious way to use leftover holiday cranberry sauce!
● Gingersnap cookie substitutes – you are free to use other cookies, various cereals, or even graham crackers in place of the gingersnaps. This will change the flavor of the cheesecake when eaten, but it will still be decadently delicious.
● Do not overbeat your eggs as that can lead to the top of the cheesecake cracking.
● Allow the cheesecake to chill completely.
● No one is eating the rosemary, so if you choose not to decorate with it, it changes little in the way of taste.
● Add other fruits – if you would like to add other fruits to this cranberry sauce when making it some options are blackberries or cherries.
● Storage – Store in a cake keeper or covered container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
● Store baked cheesecake in an airtight container, in the freezer, for up to 3 months. I would suggest leaving the toppings off if you plan to freeze it and add them after defrosted right before you are ready to serve.
● Reheating – no reheating.
Common Questions about Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake
Is Cranberry Sauce the Same as Cranberry Jelly?
In so many words, cranberry sauce and cranberry jelly can basically be the same thing. It just depends on what form of cranberry sauce you are making. For example, my homemade version is chunkier and not jelly. However, a lot of the canned versions are definitely a jelly and come out in the shape of the can. The canned jelly will not have any chunks, but you can taste the cranberry content.
Is Cranberry Sauce Supposed to be Tart?
Personal preference as you can make it tart, sweet, in between, etc. However, average cranberry sauce is usually an even balance between tart and sweet. This is what makes it so desirable.
What is the Difference between New York Cheesecake and Philadelphia Cheesecake?
Philadelphia style cheesecake is usually referring more to the recipe marketed by the cream cheese company we all know and love. However, the main distinct differences between the two styles are their thickness and the use of sour cream. New York style cheesecake uses sour cream and Philadelphia does not. New York cheesecake is also often much thicker than Philadelphia cheesecake.
If you like this holiday cheesecake recipe, you may also want to try these terrific cheesecakes:
Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
Cheesecake Crust Ingredients:
● 12 oz Gingersnap Cookies
● ¼ cup White Sugar
● ¼ cup Butter, melted
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
● 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
● 1 cup Sugar
● ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● ½ tsp Orange Extract
● 3 large Eggs
● 16 oz Sour Cream
● ½ cup The Best Cranberry Sauce
Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
● 1½ cup The Best Cranberry Sauce, chilled
● 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, for garnish
● Orange Zest, for garnish
Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Mise en Place:
Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
Cheesecake Crust Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch spring-form pan.
2. Add the gingersnap cookies into a food processor and process it until the cookies are powdered.
3. Add the melted butter and sugar to the cookie crumbs and pulse for 30 seconds until it resembles wet sand.
4. Press the gingersnap mixture onto the bottom of the prepared spring-form pan, and up the sides ½”-1″.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and let the crust cool to room temperature.
Cheesecake Filling Directions:
6. Reduce the heat of the oven to 325°F.
7. Using a stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, all-purpose, and sugar until smooth.
8. Add the vanilla and orange extract and beat for another minute.
9. Next, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat on low, until all the eggs are incorporated. Do not overbeat.
10. Add the sour cream and mix it in by hand until well incorporated.
11. Pour the cheesecake filling into the baked gingerbread crust.
12. Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with foil.
13. Place the spring-form pan inside a rimmed baking pan.
14. Add dollops of the cranberry sauce on top of the cheesecake batter. With a butter knife, cut through the top layer only to swirl in the cranberry sauce.
15. Pour hot water into the baking pan until the water reaches halfway to the springform pan.
16. Bake for 75 minutes.
17. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
18. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
Cheesecake Topping Directions:
19. Before serving, spoon the chilled cranberry sauce on top of the chilled cheesecake.
20. Decorate around the cranberry sauce with fresh rosemary sprigs.
21. Sprinkle orange zest over the cranberry sauce.
- Cheesecake Crust Ingredients:
- 12 oz Gingersnap Cookies
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Orange Extract
- 3 large Eggs
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- ½ cup The Best Cranberry Sauce
- Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
- 1½ cup The Best Cranberry Sauce, chilled
- 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, for garnish
- Orange Zest, for garnish
- Cheesecake Crust Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Add the gingersnap cookies into a food processor and process them until the cookies are powdered.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to the cookie crumbs and pulse for 30 seconds until it resembles wet sand.
- Press the gingersnap mixture onto the bottom of the prepared spring-form pan, and up the sides ½"-1".
- Bake for 15 minutes and let the crust cool to room temperature.
- Cheesecake Filling Directions:
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 325°F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, all-purpose, and sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and orange extract and beat for another minute.
- Next add the eggs, one at a time, and beat on low, until all the eggs are incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- Add the sour cream and mix it in by hand until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the baked gingerbread crust.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with foil.
- Place the springform pan inside a rimmed baking pan.
- Add dollops of the cranberry sauce on top of the cheesecake batter. With a butter knife, cut through the top layer only to swirl in the cranberry sauce.
- Pour hot water into the baking pan until the water reaches halfway to the springform pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Cheesecake Topping Directions:
- Before serving, spoon the chilled cranberry sauce on top of the chilled cheesecake.
- Decorate around the cranberry sauce with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Sprinkle orange zest over the cranberry sauce.
While my homemade cranberry sauce is used in this recipe, you can substitute store-bought.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 643Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 51gProtein: 9g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!