Delicious, smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting! Colored or natural, cream cheese frosting ads a delicious tang to your favorite cakes, cupcakes and breakfast baked goods. Try this easy cream cheese frosting recipe today!
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
OMG, who else loves frosting!? I love all kinds of frosting from traditional buttercream frosting to cream cheese frosting to beer frosting (yes, beer frosting, it is a real thing!).
I eat cake strctly for the frosting.
And yet, for me, canned frosting is kinda gross. I recall my ex-SIL and her husband (who were total gitness geeks) telling me that their “special treat” was opening up a can of frosting and eating it with a spoon.
Errrr yeah… not something for me.
I like homemade frosting. I can, to some extent, control the flavor better. I can control the consistency. And honestly? Fresh, homemade frosting just plain tastes better. I know what is in it. Yum!
I hope you enjoy this cream cheese frosting. It is quick and easy to make, and tastes delicious!
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Notes:
• For my UK and Australian friends: confectioners sugar is icing sugar (powdered sugar, 10x).
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
• 8oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
• 3½ cups Confectioners Sugar
• ½ cups Butter, room temperature
• ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Frosting Mise en Place:
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
• Cream together the cream cheese and butter using a stand mixer.
• After well beaten, add the vanilla extract.
• Continue beating the mixture and begin adding confectioners sugar slowly until all incorporated.
• Mix very well.
• If adding food coloring to the frosting, do so now. Mix well.
• When all combined, beat on high speed for 1 – 2 minutes.
- 8oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cups Butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3½ cups Confectioners Sugar
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter using a stand mixer.
- After well combined, add the vanilla extract.
- Continue beating the mixture and begin adding confectioners sugar slowly until all incorporated.
- Mix very well.
- If adding food coloring to the frosting, do so now. Mix well.
- When all combined, beat on high speed for 1 – 2 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Award-Winning Professional Grade 3-Piece Black Silicone Spatula Set By DI ORO - 600°F Heat-Resistant Seamless Rubber Spatulas - Best Spoonula, Small Spatula, Large Spatula for Cooking & Baking
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!