Spice up your meals with this delicious slow cooker queso chicken recipe. Perfect for family dinners and gatherings.
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes that leave your taste buds wanting more? Well, it is time to kick your taste buds into gear with our Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Recipe. This is a flavorful journey that will transform your ordinary chicken into a Tex-Mex masterpiece. Comfort food for all!
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Recipe | Great for Tacos
Whether you are cooking for a small family, a game day recipe, or hosting a gathering, this slow cooker queso chicken is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser sure to become a family favorite. The flavors of this easy recipe are so satisfying that your friends and family will ask for seconds, and you will be happy to oblige, knowing that the slow cooker did most of the work for you.
This easy slow cooker queso chicken recipe is a game-changer for dinnertime. It offers the perfect blend of convenience, versatility, and, most importantly, mouthwatering flavor. This is an easy dinner for weeknight dinners or casual gatherings; your whole family will love it!
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Recipe Tips and Variations
● This is a slow cooker queso chicken tacos recipe, although it does not need to be served in taco shells. Serve it over rice, as a burrito bowl,
● You can also serve this as a queso chicken dip over tortilla chips.
● 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning is usually found in one packet of taco seasoning.
● If you have a favorite homemade taco seasoning you enjoy, use that instead of store-bought taco seasoning.
● 1 can of Rotel tomatoes is 10 ounces.
● I do not know what would happen if you substituted queso cheese for queso cheese dip.
● You can use sharp cheddar cheese or mild cheddar cheese, your choice.
● If serving this meat as a taco (Taco Tuesday!), you will need hard taco shells or flour tortillas and your favorite taco toppings such as jalapeños, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, black beans, cheese, green onions, bell peppers, sour cream, green chilies, salsa, a dash of lime juice, etc. Whatever favorite toppings you and your family enjoy when building tacos.
● This is not a leftover chicken recipe as raw chicken breasts are used.
● This recipe is made with simple ingredients commonly found in your local grocery store.
If one of your favorite things is slow cooking, and you like slow cooker recipes – because let’s face it, chicken + slow cookers is a match made in cooking heaven – you will love these easy slow cooker chicken recipes:
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
● 3 Large Chicken Breasts
● 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
● 10 ounces Rotel
● 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
● 1 cup Queso Cheese Dip
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Mise en Place:
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Recipe Directions
1. Layer the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker bowl side-by-side.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken, and spread the Rotel on top of that.
3. Close the lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
4. Remove the lid, remove and shred the chicken.
5. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker or mixing bowl.
5. Add in shredded cheddar cheese and queso cheese dip to the chicken mixture and stir to combine, allowing the cheeses to melt.
6. Serve the mixture on tortillas with your choice of toppings.
7. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 10 ounces Rotel
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Queso Cheese Dip
- Layer the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker bowl side-by-side.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken, and spread the Rotel on top of that.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid, remove and shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker or mixing bowl.
- Add in shredded cheddar cheese and queso cheese dip to the chicken mixture and stir to combine, allowing the cheeses to melt.
- Serve the mixture on tortillas with your choice of toppings.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 901mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!