Discover the ultimate caramel cheesecake recipe, baked to perfection. Creamy and delightful; a sweet cheesecake treat for any occasion!
Craving something sweet, creamy, and utterly indulgent? Look no further! Have I got the perfect recipe that will satisfy your dessert dreams: the best Caramel Cheesecake you can make! Whether you are a seasoned home baker or a novice in the kitchen, this delicious treat is surprisingly easy to make.
Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe | Best + Baked
Some people are intimidated by cheesecake, but honestly, as long as you do not over-beat your eggs (that is generally what causes cracks), and stay away from the water bath recipes, cheesecake is fairly straightforward. And this chocolate cheesecake recipe is no exception.
Traditional cheesecake is actually made with ricotta cheese. To be more specific, it is actually made with anthotyros or mizithra cheese, but that’s not easily found in the US. These are cheeses made from goat or sheep’s milk, which gives them a much different flavor and texture. The cheesecake we’re used to (the kind made with cream cheese) is just a type of cheesecake.
Caramel lovers rejoice! The delicious caramel cheesecake is simple to make. Featuring a buttery Graham cracker crust, melt-in-your-mouth creamy cheesecake filling, and topped with a buttery caramel topping, this baked cheesecake is one of the best cheesecake recipes you can make, especially for those who like caramel cheesecake.
How Do You Make Caramel Cheesecake Recipe?
1. Make the crust – In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the crust, press the mixed ingredients into a 9-inch springform pan, and make it go at least 2 inches up the side. Bake. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Make the filling – Combine cream cheese and sugar; add vanilla, sour cream, and lemon juice; combine. Add eggs one at a time until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared crust and bake.
3. Bake and cool – Bake the cheesecake for about an hour at 350 degrees. Remove and cool to room temperature before removing from the pan. Top with caramel sauce and toffee bits. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
4. Serve cold cheesecake and enjoy
Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe | Best + Baked Tips and Variations:
● There are no layers to this cheesecake. It is a bake-in-the-pan cheesecake, and instead of a caramel cheesecake layer, there is a caramel topping.
● A springform pan is a must for this recipe. It allows you to easily remove the cheesecake from the pan instead of it getting smushed. It makes for a beautiful presentation, too!
● If you do not have a stand mixer, use an electric hand mixer.
● This cheesecake recipe does not use a hot water bath. (see, easy!)
● Place a drip pan on the oven shelf beneath the springform pan – it will help catch any drips. If you use aluminum foil, ensure it folds and has a lip, as this may leak. The best part is that there is no water bath for this wonderful cheesecake. I am sure you could experiment and use one if you like.
● You can buy Graham cracker crumbs in the grocery store, or, if you have Graham crackers on hand, place a few in a food processor (or mini food processor) and give it a few pulses to make the crumbs. Alternatively, you can place the Graham crackers in a small baggie and then use a rolling pin to crush the crackers and make crumbs. When I do this, I use a zipper bag but do not close it all the way. I don’t want to hold air and have the bag burst!
● In the United States, 8 ounces of cream cheese = 1 brick.
● Cream Cheese is sold in 8-ounce bricks in the United States. If that is what you are purchasing, you would need four bricks that are 8 ounces each to make 32 ounces of cream cheese necessary for this caramel cheesecake recipe.
● Get full-fat cream cheese, not 1/3 less fat, not spreadable, not neufchâtel.
● For best results, do not over-beat your eggs. Over-beating the eggs might cause the cheesecake to crack.
● Use full-fat sour cream, not non-fat, not less fat.
● How to make vanilla extract
● If you do not want to use caramel fruit dip (found in the produce section of your grocery store), use another caramel sauce – try one found in the ice cream endcap of your local store.
● If you have a homemade caramel sauce you enjoy, feel free to use that for the topping.
● This is not a salted caramel cheesecake recipe make and, but you can easily amend it by using a salted caramel sauce and some sea salt on top.
● Instead of Graham crackers, use Oreo cookies to make an Oreo crust and then drizzle some chocolate topping over the caramel topping to make this into a chocolate caramel cheesecake.
● The best way to remove a cheesecake from the springform pan is to let the cheesecake cool slightly or to room temperature on top of a baking rack. Then, slide a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Remove to a serving dish.
● This recipe is made with ingredients commonly found in your local grocery store.
If you like cheesecake recipes, you might enjoy these fabulous cheesecake treats: Company Cheesecake recipe (a wonderful dessert cheesecake!), Eggnog Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust recipe (perfect for the holidays!), Fresh and Easy Peach Rum Cheesecake recipe (excellent in the spring or summer), or perhaps a Sour Cream Cheesecake recipe (this is my favorite cheesecake recipe… ever. I know the recipe by heart!)
Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe | Best + Baked Tips Ingredients:
● 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
● ¼ cup Salted Butter, melted
● 32-ounce packages of Full Fat Cream Cheese
● 1 cup Granulated Sugar
● 1 cup Full-Fat Sour Cream
● 1 Tablespoon of pure Vanilla Extract
● 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
● 3 Eggs
● 2 cups of Caramel Fruit Dip
● Toffee Pieces, diced
Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe | Best + Baked Tips Mise en Place:
● Medium Bowl
● 9-inch Springform Pan
● Stand-up Mixer (paddle attachment, whisk attachment, large bowl, etc.) or Hand Mixer
● Measuring Cup
● Measuring Spoons
● Rubber Spatula
● Wire Rack
● Serving Tray, Cake Stand, etc.
Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe | Best + Baked Tips Directions:
1. Move your oven rack to the lower or lower middle position
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the Graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
4. Press the Graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom of an ungreased, 9-inch springform pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8 minutes
6. Remove the Graham cracker crust from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
7. In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
8. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and continue to beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Do not forget to scrape the sides of the bowl.
9. On low speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing until they are just combined. Once all the eggs are in the batter, stop mixing.
10. Pour the cheesecake batter over the graham cracker crust and give it a little shake to even it out.
11. Bake cheesecake in a preheated 350°F oven for 55-70 minutes or until the middle is almost set but still jiggly.
12. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature.
13. Use a butter knife to loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the springform pan and place the cheesecake on a serving dish.
14. Warm the caramel sauce in the microwave at medium heat for 20-second intervals until the sauce is slightly runny.
15. Pour the sauce evenly over the entire top of the cheesecake and sprinkle toffee bits on top.
15. Cool the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before eating.
16. Store any remaining caramel cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup Salted Butter, melted
- 32-ounce packages of Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Full-Fat Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups of Caramel Fruit Dip
- 3 Toffee Pieces, diced
- Move your oven rack to the lower or lower middle position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the Graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- Press the Graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom of an ungreased, 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove the Graham cracker crust from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Do not forget to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- On low speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing until they are just combined. Once all the eggs are in the batter, stop mixing.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the graham cracker crust and give it a little shake to even it out.
- Bake cheesecake in a preheated 350°F oven for 55-70 minutes or until the middle is almost set but still jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the springform pan and place the cheesecake on a serving dish.
- Warm the caramel sauce in the microwave at medium heat for 20-second intervals until the sauce is slightly runny.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the entire top of the cheesecake and sprinkle toffee bits on top.
- Cool the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before eating.
- Store any remaining caramel cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Acrylic Cake Stand with Dome Cover (12'') 6 in 1 Multi-Functional Serving Platter and Cake Plate - Use as Cake Holder, Salad Bowl, Platter, Punch Bowl, Desert Platter, Nachos & Salsa Plate,
NWK 12inch Lighted Clear Cake Stand Plate Holder with String Lights Fit for 6inch, 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch Cakes for Wedding Birthday Thanksgiving Christmas New Year Party
Godinger 4 in 1 Cake Stand and Serving Plate Platter with Dome Cover, Multi-Purpose Use - Dublin Crystal Collection
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 0gSugar: 58gProtein: 8g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!