Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
A delicious biscotti recipe perfect for holiday breakfast, desert or snacks. Enjoy this spicy, crunchy, Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe with coffee, tea or hot cocoa on a cold winter day.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 Minutes
● 2 cups + 2 TBSP Flour plus extra for flouring hands
● 2 tsp Baking Powder
● 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
● 2 tsp Ground Ginger
● 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
● Pinch Black Pepper
● ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
● ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
● ½ cup Granulated Sugar
● 1 TBSP Dark Molasses
● 7 TBSP Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
● 2 Large Eggs
● 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
● 1 Large Egg White
● ½ cup Chocolate Chips
● ½ cup Sprinkles or Chopped Walnuts
● Preheat oven to 350°.
● Line one large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
● In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pepper and salt; set aside.
● In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, molasses, butter, whole eggs and vanilla.
● Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
● Divide your sticky dough in half.
● Using floured hands, transfer first half to the prepared baking sheet(s) and form the dough into a slightly flatted log about 11″ long by 2 1/2″ wide, going down one side of a baking sheet intended for two logs, or the center of a baking sheet intended for one log. Repeat with second half of dough.
● Whisk egg white in a small bowl until a little foamy and loose. Brush over top and sides of each log.
● Bake logs until golden brown all over, about 25 minutes.
● Place tray on cooling rack; let cool about 25 minutes or until lukewarm.
● Gently transfer each whole gingerbread biscotti log to a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife and gently sawing motion, cut logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch wide slices.
● Arrange slices, a cut side down, on baking sheet(s). Bake for another 6-7 minutes, until golden underneath. Turn each biscotti over and bake for a final 6-7 minutes, until lightly bronzed all over.
● Let cool on rack.
● Melt chocolate on stove or in a microwave.
● Dip one end of the Gingerbread Biscotti into the chocolate; add sprinkles or nuts.
● Keep in an airtight container at room temperature.
● Makes 42 servings Gingerbread Biscotti
● To print the Gingerbread Biscotti recipe click here.
Note: Biscotti generally tastes better a day or two after you make it!
If you decide to add nuts or chocolate chips to the dough, mix it in when you mix the wet and dry together.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● For more Recipes on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
Leave a Reply