This delicious, beautiful chocolate cherry fudge recipe is no-bake, vegan, and simple to make. If you have fresh cherries you will want to make this fantastic fudge recipe for your friends and family tonight.
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Fudge Recipe
Cherry season! What to do with all those delicious cherries, you might ask? How about making some fresh cherry fudge? This recipe is as attractive as it is tasty. Your friends and family will definitely be impressed.
What type of cherries to use in this recipe?
There are two main types of cherries in the United States: sweet and tart. Which cherries you use in this recipe will depend on personal taste, and what is available in your area. The main cherry producing states for sweet cherries are Washington, California, and Oregon. The main tart producing state is Michigan.
New York State is fourth in tart cherry production, eighth in sweet cherry production, and produces 7-8% of the cherries in the United States. Western New York (where I live) produces most of the cherries grown in New York State. Heck, my grandmother had a cherry tree in her backyard when we were growing up and we could not wait for cherry season. And neither could the birds.
Tips for making this No-Bake Chocolate-Cherry Fudge Recipe
● The cherries are not pitted or de-stemmed. You can pit the cherries and leave the stems for a more beautiful, artistic, looking fudge (fudge is a work of art in my opinion!) You can pit and de-stem if you like.
● This can be stored in the freezer for up to one month. Make sure you cover the fudge if leaving in the pan, or foodsaver if you are removing from the pan.
If you enjoy fudge you are going to love these terrific fudge recipes:
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Fudge Recipe Ingredients:
● 2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
● 5 TSBP lukewarm Water (74ml)
● 13.5oz Coconut Milk (1 can, 400ml)
● 7oz 70% Dark Chocolate (1 cup, 200g)
● 3 TBSP Cacao Powder (38g)
● 1/3 cup Agave Syrup (80ml)
● 9oz fresh, Cherries (250g)
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Fudge Mise en Place:
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Fudge Recipe Instructions:
1. Line a 9″ x 5″ (23 x 15 cm) baking dish with parchment paper that covers the sides of the pan.
2. Grease the bottom with sunflower oil.
3. Mix arrowroot powder with 5 tablespoons of lukewarm water, set aside.
4. In a saucepan, heat coconut milk with dark chocolate on low medium heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
5. Add cacao powder and stir again.
6. Pour arrowroot liquid into chocolate mixture along with the agave syrup.
7. Decrease the heat to low. Keep stirring until you get a creamy consistency.
8. Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish.
9. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool down for 15 minutes.
10. Add the cherries on top.
11. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the freezer overnight.
12. Remove from the freezer two minutes before serving. (Warn people about the pits if you have not pitted the cherries.)
- 2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 5 TSBP lukewarm Water
- 13.5oz Coconut Milk
- 7oz 70% Dark Chocolate
- 3 TBSP Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Agave Syrup
- 9oz fresh, Cherries
- Line a 9" x 5" (23 x 15 cm) baking dish with parchment paper that covers the sides of the pan.
- Grease the bottom with sunflower oil.
- Mix arrowroot powder with 5 tablespoons of lukewarm water, set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk with dark chocolate on low medium heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Add cacao powder and stir again.
- Pour arrowroot liquid into chocolate mixture along with the agave syrup.
- Decrease the heat to low. Keep stirring until you get a creamy consistency.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Add the cherries on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and store in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the freezer two minutes before serving. (Warn people about the pits if you have not pitted the cherries.)
If you do not pit your fresh cherries, warn people!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Decorative Black Wooden Bamboo Serving Tray Platter w/Handles For bed Breakfast Dinner, Ottoman Coffee Table, Parties, Food, Home, Bathroom, Appetizer, Drinks, Perfume, Cake (Large) COASTERS INCLUDED
Set of 2 Acapcia Wooden Octagon Square Trays Serving Bread Plates for Fruit Salad Platter Vegetable Food Dish
3 Tier Server Stand with Trays & Bowls - Tiered Serving Platter - Perfect for Cake, Dessert, Shrimp, Appetizers & More
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!