This slow-cooker spicy chicken thighs recipe is easy to prepare, has a bit of a bite with many interesting flavors. The chicken thighs are tender and juicy when done.
This is a great chicken thigh recipe to make the next time you want to come home to dinner already made. The prep time is short, set the slow cooker and the slow cooking time will fit your busy schedule. If you can turn on a slow cooker, you can make this easy meal!
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you like dark meat, you will love this simple recipe for flavorful chicken thighs. Slow cooker chicken thighs are inexpensive, tasty poultry perfect for feeding your hungry family. The whole family will love this delicious recipe.
If you like easy dinners, it doesn’t get much easier than this terrific crock pot chicken thighs recipe. It is really a great recipe and is sure to make your easy recipes file.
Tips and variations for making this slow cooker spice chicken thighs recipe:
● Currently, a large jar of salsa in the United States is 16 ounces.
● Use fresh ginger or ground ginger powder, your taste preference.
● Use fresh raw chicken or defrosted chicken. Do not use frozen chicken for this recipe.
● You can use bone-in chicken thighs, or boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. Or, boneless chicken thighs with the chicken skin on, if you prefer.
● Chicken thighs were used because they were moist. If you would like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts, come back and let me know how that turned out as I have never done it. Chicken quarters with the bones should hold up well, but again, I have not used them to make this recipe.
● I have not tried chicken legs, either. If you have some and are making this dish anyway, I would throw a few in the slow cooker to see how they cook up.
● The internal temperature of cooked chicken is 165°.
● There isn’t any cold water or chicken broth (chicken stock) in this recipe. The liquid comes from the salsa and tender chicken thighs.
● Instead of white or yellow rice, you may want to serve this over basmati rice, sticky rice, zucchini noodles, egg noodles, etc.
● This recipe is made with ingredients commonly found at your local grocery store.
● This recipe may be frozen (crockpot freezer meal). Just make sure you use a food-grade freezer container.
If you like slow cooker recipes, you will want to try these terrific slow cooker chicken recipes:
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
● 8 Chicken Thighs
● 16 ounces Salsa
● ½ cup Cashew Butter
● 2 tsp Ginger
● 2 TSBP Soy Sauce
● 2 tsp Lime Juice
● 2 tsp Cilantro
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs Mise en Place:
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs Directions:
1. Place chicken thighs, salsa, cashew butter, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, and cilantro in the bottom of a slow cooker pot.
2. Cook at low setting for 6-8 hours.
3. Garnish with more cilantro, scallions, green onions, cashews, or even fresh parsley, if desired.
4. Serve hot over white rice or yellow rice.
5. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 16 ounces Salsa
- ½ cup Cashew Butter
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 TSBP Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Cilantro
- Place chicken thighs, salsa, cashew butter, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, and cilantro in the bottom of a slow cooker pot.
- Cook at low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with more cilantro, scallions, green onions, cashews, or even fresh parsley, if desired.
- Serve hot over white rice or yellow rice.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamilton Beach Portable 6-Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker with Lid Lock, Temperature Probe, Stainless Steel
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, 6 Quart, Stainless Steel/Black
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel (SCV700-S-BR)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 790Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 333mgSodium: 1793mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 67g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!