This fresh watermelon mojito recipe, with its hints of cool mint, and sour lime is the perfect cocktail to enjoy on a hot day. Made with fresh summer fruits and simple ingredients, you can almost taste the sunshine in every sip.
If you are looking for a recipe for a watermelon mojito this highly addictive cocktail recipe is just what you need. Made with fresh ingredients, this terrific watermelon mint mojito can easily be made into a watermelon mocktail for those who are abstaining from liquor.
Watermelon Mojito Recipe
A traditional mojito is a Cuban highball. The classic mojito cocktail usually has white rum, sugar, fresh lime juice, soda water, and mint included.
These are so delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day that you are going to need more drinks than you might think, so be prepared! This may be the perfect summer cocktail.
How to muddle a drink
To muddle is to smash and mix when referring to a cocktail. People usually muddle fruit, spices, or mints in a glass, although the ice may also be crushed. Simply add the items to be smashed into a study container (shaker or heavy-duty glass container) and bring your muddler down onto the ingredients to be mashed, and then twist your wrist, and bring up your muddler. Repeat until you are satisfied with the results. Muddling releases the scent and flavors of the items you are mashing.
Tips and variations for making this Watermelon Mojito:
● A great tall glass to use for this recipe is collins glasses.
● If you like, make some watermelon puree and quick freeze it to use in place of ice cubes.
● Make certain you use seedless watermelon. Make sure you choose a ripe watermelon.
● Simple syrup or added white sugar is not needed for this recipe as the watermelon provides a touch of sweetness naturally.
● You can substitute sparkling water for the club soda for a lighter taste with less added sugar and calories, or purchase a diet club soda.
● You can use more mint leaves if you like extra mint in your cocktails.
● While this recipe uses white rum, you can substitute light rum, dark rum, or even spiced rum if that is your personal taste preference.
● If you like, muddle the mint and add it to the bottom of the glasses. Then proceed with the recipe minus the mint in the shaker.
● If you want to make this into a punch; muddle the fresh mint leaves separately, and add it to the punch bowl OR each glass before pouring. Proceed with the recipe multiplying by how many servings you would like to make. Add to the punchbowl without extra ice. Save that for when serving so as not to dilute the punch while it is sitting.
● You can easily make this watermelon mojito recipe a watermelon mojito mocktail (watermelon mojito without alcohol, virgin mojito, etc) by eliminating the white rum. Nothing has to be substituted in its place as you will top with a bit of extra club soda.
If you enjoy easy recipes to make fun cocktails, try one of these delicious cocktails:
Watermelon Mojito Ingredients:
● 2 cups Seedless Watermelon Cubes
● 2 cups Ice
● 12 Fresh Mint Sprigs
● 1 Fresh Lime, sliced into thin wedges
● 3 oz White Rum
● ½ cup Club Soda
Watermelon Mojito Mise en Place:
Watermelon Mojito directions:
1. Add fresh watermelon chunks, ice, mint, and lime, in that order, to a shaker and muddle well.
2. Add rum and shake.
3. Fill the tall glasses halfway with more ice.
4. Pour the watermelon mixture over the ice in the glass, about halfway.
5. Top with club soda.
6. Garnish with watermelon slices, lime slices, and/or mint.
- 2 cups Seedless Watermelon Cubes
- 2 cups Ice
- 12 Fresh Mint Sprigs
- 1 Fresh Lime, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 oz White Rum
- ½ cup Club Soda
- Add fresh watermelon chunks, ice, mint, and lime, in that order, to a shaker and muddle well.
- Add rum and shake.
- Fill the tall glasses halfway with more ice.
- Pour the watermelon mixture over the ice in the glass, about halfway.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with watermelon slices, lime slices, and/or mint.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LEMONSODA Premium Highball Glass Set - Elegant Tom Collins Glasses Set of 6 - 12oz Tall Drinking Water Glasses - Bar Glassware for Mojito, Whiskey, Cocktail - Crystal High Ball Glass Drink Tumblers
Blingco 8 Pack 12 Oz Stainless Steel Stemless Wine Tumbler, Wine Glass Tumbler with Lids & Straws, Double Wall Vacuum Cup Insulated Wine Tumbler for Wine, Coffee, Beer, Cocktails, Champagne(Rose Gold)
JoyJolt Highball Glasses – Set of 6 Colored Drinking Glasses – Glassware Set for Mixed Drinks, Cocktails, or Water – Elegant and Festive Design – Drink Glasses with In-Glass Coloring – 12oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
As always, drink responsibly, and please don’t drink and drive.