• “Muddle” sounds odd, but all you are doing is basically smushing mint, spices or fruits to release more of the flavor. You can use a muddler or some other smashing tool (mortar and pestle) to mash fruits, herbs and spices in the bottom of a glass or bowl.
Spiked Watermelon and Mint Lemonade Mise en Place:
Spiked Watermelon and Mint Lemonade
A cool, flavorful, refreshing lemonade cocktail, this spiked watermelon and mint lemonade is perfect for a party, or sipping on the back porch on a hot summer day!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
• ¼ cup Mint Leaves
• 8 cups Seedless Watermelon, cubed
• ½ cup Cucumber, cubed and de-seeded
• 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (or Lemonade)
• 2 ½ cups White Rum
• ¼ cup Simple Syrup
• Place the mint leaves in a large pitcher and muddle until the oils are released.
• Place the watermelon, cucumber and lemon juice into a blender and blend until smooth.
• Pour the watermelon and cucumber mixture into the pitcher with the muddled mint leaves. Note: If you don’t want watermelon pulp or mint leaves in the final product then strain the mixture into a large pitcher.
• Add the rum and simple syrup and stir until combined.
• Refrigerate until time to serve.
• Right before serving top each glass with a spring of mint or slice of lemon.
Makes 8 servings Spiked Watermelon and Mint Lemonade
Looking for more refreshing summer cocktails? You may want to try one of these:
• Blue Mermaid Cocktail Recipe – A tropical delight, this mermaid themed cocktail recipe might also be referred to as mermaid water! If you are looking for a tasty and delightful summertime fun cocktail recipe, give this fabulous blue mermaid cocktail a try. Yum!
• Central Coast Cocktail Recipe – This yummy Central Coast Cocktail Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with a touch of fresh mint flavor. Simply delightful.
• Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail Recipe – Fresh, clean, and citrusy with just a hint of beaches and sunshine, this delightful Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail is a fabulous summer beverage.
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!