The sweet-tart taste of lemon and bourbon combine to make a perfect summertime cocktail. Fresh, clean, and citrusy with just a hint of beaches and sunshine, this delightful Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail is a fabulous summer beverage.
Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail Recipe
Years ago Hubby and I took a trip to Italy. We spent a short while in Rome and a day at the Vatican and went on to Sorrento, Italy where we stayed for a few days. We LOVED it there! So much so that we hope to be able to go back and winter there at least once. It was absolutely beautiful.
That is a photo of Mt Vesuvius that I took from our Sorrento hotel rooftop restaurant one day.
Tiered gardens were growing all over the Amalfi countryside. In Sorrento, the lemons and oranges would fall off the trees onto the ground they were so plentiful. Our hotel had lemon trees growing next to the sidewalk and parking lot!! We saw a lot of neighborhood lemon and orange trees in our neighborhood in Florida when we owned our condo, but nothing like what we saw in Sorrento and on the Amalfi coast!
Sorrento Italy is where Limoncello originated. On our trip, we were given a family recipe for Limoncello that was very, very, VERY strong.
So, why not combine some Italian with American and get a Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail recipe? I hope you enjoy!
Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail Ingredients:
● Lemon Slices
● Lime Slices
● 1 oz Bourbon
● ½ oz Citron Vodka
● ½ oz Limoncello Liquor
● 3 oz Lemonade
● 2 oz Ginger ale
● Mint Sprigs for garnish
Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail Mise en Place:
Sorrento Sunrise Cocktail Directions:
● Add ice to a 10 ounce (or larger) cocktail glass.
● Add a lemon and a lime slice.
● In a cocktail shaker combine bourbon, vodka, limoncello, and lemonade. Shake to combine.
● Pour the liquor mixture into the prepared glass.
● Top off with ginger ale.
● Garnish with lemon, lime and, fresh mint.
- Lemon Slices
- Lime Slices
- 1 oz Bourbon
- ½ oz Citron Vodka
- ½ oz Limoncello Liquor
- 3 oz Lemonade
- 2 oz Ginger Ale
- Mint Sprigs for garnish
1. Add ice to a 10 ounce (or larger) cocktail mixing glass.
2. Add a lemon and a lime slice.
3. In a cocktail shaker combine bourbon, vodka, limoncello, and lemonade. Shake to combine.
4. Pour the liquor mixture into the prepared glass.
5. Top off with ginger ale.
6. Garnish with lemon, lime and, fresh mint.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Farielyn-X Crystal Old Fashioned Whiskey Glasses (Set of 6), 11 Oz Unique Bourbon Glass, Ultra-Clarity Double Old Fashioned Liquor Vodka Bourbon Cocktail Scotch Tumbler Bar Glasses Set
Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo 15.75 oz Double Old Fashion Glasses, Set of 4, Clear
Whiskey Glasses-Premium 11 OZ Scotch Glasses Set of 6 /Old Fashioned Whiskey Glasses/Perfect Gift for Scotch Lovers/Style Glassware for Bourbon/Rum glasses/Bar whiskey glasses,Clear
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you would like some other great cocktails, try these:
• Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!