This no-egg, no-cooking, tiramisu recipe comes together quickly. It can be served immediately or made the day before your special event or dinner. The melt-in-your-mouth creamy, rich, coffee-cocoa goodness of this white Russian tiramisu will have your friends and family asking for seconds!
Tiramisu is my favorite dessert. If I see it on the menu at a restaurant, I adjust what I am ordering so I can have dessert and I order a tiramisu dessert. In a café for breakfast or a quick coffee? Tiramisu. On a buffet line? Tiramisu. At a dinner party where one of the dessert choices is tiramisu? Yeah, I am going to choose tiramisu each and every time it is offered. Tiramisu is oh so good! Gotta love the Italians and their decadent desserts. Yum! It is not said likely when I tell you this is the best tiramisu recipe I have ever made of this classic Italian dessert.
White Russian Tiramisu Cake Recipe
This easy tiramisu recipe comes from my niece. I thought it would be difficult to make. Far from it! This is so simple to put together, I could not believe it. It is a straightforward step-by-step tiramisu cake recipe that tastes fabulous, marvelous, delicious, fantastic… I’ll run out of space to write before I run out of superlatives. (And yes, I am making it for Thanksgiving and Christmas!)
When we spent six weeks in Italy a few years ago, I ordered tiramisu constantly. It was basically a wine and food tour and as I mentioned, I love me some tiramisu. A traditional tiramisu recipe and authentic tiramisu recipe are misnomers as I ate my way up and down Italy and no one quite made it the same way twice. (I also lost 15 pounds that trip, so my fondness for good tiramisu did not impact my bottom line.) If tiramisu is one of your favorite desserts I do not think you will be disappointed in this version of the classic dessert recipe.
If you are looking for a simple to make tiramisu dessert (seriously) that is not only delectable and mouthwatering, it packs a WOW factor! Make this phenomenal White Russian Tiramisu Cake Recipe for your next gathering, party, or for family dinner. Do not wait for a special occasion to make this delicious tiramisu recipe as this is the best homemade tiramisu recipe you will find. The creamy mascarpone filling is simple to make, and delicious. But remember, this is not a classic tiramisu recipe even though it is based upon the classic dessert.
Tips and variations for making this White Russian Tiramisu Cake Recipe:
● Look at your friendly neighborhood Italian store for reasonably priced ladyfingers any time of the year.
● Mascarpone is the Italian version of cream cheese but is usually located in the fine cheese section of your store when you cannot locate it in the dairy aisle. It comes in a small tub.
● In place of the vanilla, if you really like coffee, use a coffee extract. You could also use Kahlua.
● Clear vanilla is used to keep the cake color. You could use vanilla extract if you like, but it will darken the recipe. IOW it will not matter much to use vanilla extract versus clear vanilla.
● I do not think there is a reasonable way to make a non-alcoholic version of this recipe as it is named after the White Russian cocktail recipe and the main flavor of this dessert.
● We use strong coffee for this recipe. You may want to try strong espresso but realize it will change the flavor of the cake significantly.
● This lists 48 ladyfingers. Depending on the size of the ladyfingers in the package, you may end up using less.
● For my UK and Australian friends: confectioners sugar is icing sugar (powdered sugar, 10x)
● All ingredients listed are commonly found in the aisles of your local grocery store, the ladyfingers should be with the cookies.
If you like delicious cake recipes, try one of these:
White Russian Tiramisu Cake Ingredients:
● 3 cups Strong Brewed Coffee, cooled
● ½ cup Kahlua, divided
● 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
● 16oz Cream Cheese, softened
● ½ cup White Sugar
● 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
● 48 Ladyfinger Cookies
● ¼ cup of Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
● 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
● ½ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
● 1 TBSP Clear Vanilla
White Russian Tiramisu Mise en Place:
White Russian Tiramisu Cake Instructions
1. Place the bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer to chill.
2. Combine 3 cups of strong, cooled, brewed coffee and ¼ cup of Kahlua in a container. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer combine mascarpone, cream cheese, white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining ¼ cup of Kahlua. Beat until smooth.
4. Dip a ladyfinger into the coffee-Kahlua mixture. Place the ladyfinger dipped-side down in a 13″ x 9″ pan. Repeat until the bottom of the baking dish is covered in dipped ladyfingers.
5. Spread an even layer of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers. Dust with cocoa powder.
6. Repeat for a second layer. Set aside.
7. Remove the chilled mixing bowl from the freezer; using a stand mixer combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and confectioners sugar. Using the whisk attachment beat on medium speed until soft peaks form and the mixture is firm. Do not overbeat.
8. Spread whipped cream on top of the pan containing the ladyfinger/cheese mixture.
9. Dust with cocoa powder.
10. Optional: if you like, you may top with chocolate shavings.
11. Keep refrigerated.
- 3 cups Strong Brewed Coffee, cooled
- ½ cup Kahlua, divided
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 16oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 48 Ladyfingers
- ¼ cup of Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 TBSP Clear Vanilla
- Place a mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- Combine 3 cups of strong, cooled, brewed coffee and ¼ cup of Kahlua in a container. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer combine mascarpone, cream cheese, white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining ¼ cup of Kahlua. Beat until smooth.
- Dip a ladyfinger into the coffee-Kahlua mixture. Place the lady dipped-side down in a 13″ x 9″ pan. Repeat until the bottom of the pan is covered in dipped ladyfingers.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Repeat for a second layer. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl from the freezer; using a stand mixer combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and confectioners sugar. Using the whisk attachment beat on medium speed until soft peaks form and the mixture is firm. Do not overbeat.
- Spread whipped cream on top of the pan containing the ladyfinger/cheese mixture.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Optional: if you like, you may top with chocolate shavings.
- Keep refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KooK 10 Inch Hammered Style Wave Serving Bowl - Stainless Steel
Annovero Dessert Bowls – Set of 6 Small Porcelain Bowls for Snacks, Rice, Condiments, Side Dishes, or Ice Cream, 4.75 Inch Diameter, 10 Fluid Ounce (1.25 Cup) Capacity
V VANCASSO Porcelain Bowls Set for Salad Soup Cereal Rice Snack Dinnerware Bowl Set 4-Piece 6oz Porcelain China Ceramic - Blue
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 6g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!