A delicious, easy-to-make cocktail recipe that will remind you of New Orleans, tropical fruit juices, and summer breezes. Made with five liquors and three juices to make this fantastic, smooth, and very drinkable Crash and Burn drink recipe!
Hubby and I were having lunch at a Copeland’s Restaurant & Bar a few weeks ago. One of Copeland’s establishments’ specialty drinks is called the Crash and Burn drink. I thought it sounded intriguing, tried it, copied down the ingredients, went home, and made the cocktail. It was not very good. So, I tried again, substituting ingredients, adding new juices, removing other listed ingredients until I came up with my version which is the crash and burn recipe I am sharing with you!
Crash and Burn Cocktail Recipe
Now, I stuck with the name because this went down smooooooooooth. Hubby said it tasted like an adult Hawaiian Punch. Yeah, that smooth. He wanted to crash and take a nap when he finished his Crash and Burn cocktail, I just wanted another one.
I think one of us has built up a bit of a tolerance.
This is one delicious cocktail. Truly. I just would make sure you are in for the day (or night) when making this as it does go down so smoothly, you will want a second. And then it will be nighty-night!
Tips and variations for making this crash and burn cocktail recipe:
● I did not rim the glass. If you would like to rim, I would suggest sugar, not salt.
● How to rim a cocktail glass.
● Barcardi 151 Rum is discontinued, so try Don Q 151 Rum! Of course, any 151 rum will work. Use what you enjoy.
● I garnish with pineapple and maraschino cherries as that is what tastes best to me. You may also want to consider lemon slices, orange slices, lime slices, orange peel, lemon peel, or lime peel.
● If you would like to make a pitcher or punch bowl of this recipe, I am not sure how it will go. It will probably (I have not done it) taste terrific but you will not get the stacked colors as you are not adding the pineapple and orange juices on top of the other ingredients. It will simply be a reddish-orange color.
The next time you are looking for great cocktail recipes try one of these tasty drink recipes:
Crash and Burn Cocktail Ingredients:
● 3 oz Pineapple Juice, divided
● 3 oz Orange Juice, divided
● ½ oz 151 Rum
● ½ oz Triple Sec
● 1 oz Amaretto
● 1 oz Light Rum
● 1 oz Blackberry Brandy
● ½ oz Maraschino Cherry Juice
● Maraschino Cherries for Garnish
● Pineapple for Garnish
Crash and Burn Cocktail Recipe Mise en Place:
Crash and Burn Cocktail Directions:
1. Fill a tall cocktail glass halfway with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker combine, 151 Rum, Triple Sec, Amaretto, Light Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Maraschino Cherry Juice, 2 ounces of Pineapple Juice, 2 ounces of Orange Juice; shake 10 times.
3. Pour cocktail over ice in a tall glass.
4. Pour remaining Pineapple and Orange juices over the drink; do not stir.
5. Garnish with Maraschino Cherries and a Pineapple wedge.
6. Serve immediately
- 3 oz Pineapple Juice, divided
- 3 oz Orange Juice, divided
- ½ oz Rum, 151 (any brand of 151 rum)
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Light Rum
- 1 oz Blackberry Brandy
- ½ oz Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Fill a tall cocktail glass halfway with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker combine, 151 Rum, Triple Sec, Amaretto, Light Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Maraschino Cherry Juice, 2 ounces of Pineapple Juice, 2 ounces of Orange Juice; shake 10 times.
- Pour cocktail over ice in a tall glass.
- Pour remaining Pineapple and Orange juices over the drink; do not stir.
- Garnish with Maraschino Cherries and a Pineapple wedge.
- Serve immediately
Add Maraschino Cherries and a wedge of Pineapple for Garnish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Epure Venezia Collection 4 Piece Hurricane Glass Set - Perfect for Drinking Pina Coladas, Cocktails, Full-Bodied Beer, Juice, and Water (Pina Colada (15.5 oz))
JoyJolt Infiniti Highball Glasses Set of 4 – 18Oz Cocktail Glasses – Glassware Drinking Set – Premium Crystal Glass – Modern and Practical Design – Drinking Glasses for Water, Cocktail, Beer, Juice
Dragon Glassware Cocktail Glasses, Insulating Double Walled Mixing Glasses, 8-Ounce, Set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 68gProtein: 2g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!