DIY Galaxy Polymer Clay Jewelry Bowl
I admit I really love the galaxy look that is so popular these days. It is so lovely to see the swirling colors of pink, purple, and blue. I wanted to combine my love of galaxy print with my real-life need for a jewelry bowl to put my jewelry in when I am washing my hands. This galaxy clay jewelry bowl turned out amazing, and I look forward to using it every day! Follow these instructions to make your own Galaxy Polymer Clay Jewelry Bowl!
DIY Galaxy Polymer Clay Jewelry Bowl Materials:
DIY Galaxy Polymer Clay Jewelry Bowl Directions:
• Making the galaxy print is similar to making any marble print with clay. You will need to use mostly blue, with accents of purple, white, and pink.
• Roll out your clay into snakes and wind them around each other.
• Curl the clay snake into a ball and gently press the clay together. Slowly work the clay together to position the galaxy print the way you want it. However, be careful not to work the clay too much, or you will lose the definition between the layers.
• Once you are satisfied with the design, press it into the bottom of your glass bowl.
• Press the clay into the bowl until it is about ¼ of an inch thick and about 2 inches high on the sides.
• Make any adjustments to the shape at this point, as you will not be able to change the shape or design after baking.
• Place the glass bowl in the oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
• Let the clay completely cool in the bowl before removing it.
• Dab small spots of white paint over the surface and inside of the bowl to give your galaxy stars.
• Paint a gold edge around the rim of the bowl to give it a finished look.
• Let the acrylic paint dry, then your bowl is ready to use!
If you would like more galaxy posts, or perhaps make your own jewelry to place in this beautiful DIY Galaxy Polymer Clay Jewelry Bowl – check out these posts:
• How to Make Your Own Galaxy Bath Bombs – These how to make your own galaxy bath bombs instructions are an easy to follow, step by step tutorial.
• DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelets – Make your own all day diffuser bracelet using this easy step by step instruction tutorial.
• DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace – The possibilities are endless for design and scent when you make your own essential oil diffuser necklace. Enjoy your favorite scent all day long when you make your own DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace!
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!