2020 July 4th Fireworks Displays in Buffalo and Western New York
Independence Day is Saturday, July 4, 2020, in the United States, and as part of our national celebrations, fireworks displays are happening in many communities across the United States! If you are looking for fireworks displays in Buffalo, NY, Niagara Falls, NY or in the Western New York area, here is the complete list including dates and times.
It is that time again! Time for Independence Day fireworks displays in Western New York! Here is a list of fireworks displays in Erie County, Niagara County and Western New York for 2020.
If you are looking for something to do before or after the Independence Day 2020 fireworks displays in Buffalo and Western New York, check out my list of 365 Things to Do in Niagara Falls and Buffalo, NY which encompasses the eight counties of Western New York! Next time the kids say “There’s nothing to do” pull out this list and have a great time!
Enjoy this post? Sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life FREE Weekly Newsletter! and get weekly updates.
Please note that some of the 2020 Independence Day Fireworks Displays actually take place on July 3rd in 2020. I have linked to the town (and city) websites so you can check out the source of the information yourself. I cannot be responsible for any municipalities that change their minds or change dates and time. And, I am definitely not responsible for the weather. Some of the towns and cities have listed raindates; some have not. Give a call to your local city hall or town council in advance of the 4th if you are worried about rain (and this year, who isn’t? I’m thinking about building an ark in my backyard).
Fireworks Displays in Buffalo, NY and Western New York
Prior to July 3rd
Note: there are a whole lotta canceled fireworks events this year.
July 3, 2020 Fireworks Displays in Buffalo, NY and Western New York
Be certain to check the list above for “before” the 3rd of July as many of the events are multi-day events including the 4th of July, 2020.
● Angola, NY Fireworks 2020 – canceled
The Aurora Town Board says all funds donated for fireworks this year will be used for the celebration on July 3, 2021. All funds budgeted toward the event will also be used for the following year.
● Aurora, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Buffalo, NY Fireworks Display 2020
Coca-Cola Field – canceled
● Cheektowaga, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Cuba Lake Fireworks 2020
The Cuba Lake fireworks are on July 3 at 10 pm
● Newfane, NY – Olcott, NY 2020 Fireworks Display – canecled
The Independence Day Fireworks display originally scheduled for July 3rd is canceled. Every effort will be made to reschedule it as quickly as possible so that we can all celebrate our new independence together!
● Town of Tonawanda, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Silver Creek Fireworks Display 2020 – no word yet
July 4, 2020 Fireworks Displays in Buffalo, NY and Western New York
● Akron, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
Amherst, NY 2020 Fireworks Displays:
Note: the Amherst town board just got back to work. If there are more additions (Amherst usually has the largest fireworks displays in WNY), I will add them after the next board meeting.
Updated 7/1 (comments) UB sent this out to all staff this morning (7/1):
No fireworks. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Amherst has cancelled its annual July 4 fireworks display on the UB North Campus
● Bemus Point Fourth of July Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Boston, NY Independence Day Fireworks Display 2020 – postponed
● Buffalo, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● City of Tonawanda, NY Fireworks 2020 – canceled
(They even canceled people’s picnic table reservations!)
● Clarence, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Town of Concord Fireworks Display/ Village of Springville Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Dunkirk, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Ellicotville Fireworks Display – canceled
● Findley Lake, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – the website has been partially updated to say 2020. Keep clicking for updates
● Lakewood, NY Fireworks Display 2020
Summerfest – Annual 4th of July Celebration – 4th of July – Rain or shine!
● Lancaster, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Lewiston, NY Fireworks 2020 – updated: fireworks is a go! (Everyone attending must wear a mask)
Village of Lewiston intends to hold its annual Fourth of July fireworks show at dusk on Saturday, July 4. This is assuming Western New York is in phase four of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s “New York Forward” reopening plan, which is expected to happen on Tuesday, June 30.
● Lockport, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
Lockport, NY 2020 Fireworks Display Transit Drive-in –
The fireworks display will be at dusk on Saturday, July 4th. Regular admission fees will apply with no upcharges. Scheduled movies will follow the display. The gate will open at 6:00 pm, all parking will be on a first come basis only, no reserved spaces. All tickets will be advance internet sales only, no same day sales or walk-ins. Movies and social distancing policies are listed on the drive-in website. Have a safe and happy Independence Day! Thank you!
● Mayville Fireworks Display 2020 – update: fireworks are a go!
Fireworks will take off from the waterfront at Lakeside Park in Mayville at 10 p.m. Saturday, July 4, with the park closed to the public for the fireworks crew. Please adhere to the state social distancing guidance and be respectful of one another.
● Newstead Fireworks 2020 – canceled
● Niagara Falls, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● North Tonawanda, NY Fireworks 2020 – canceled
● Olean, NY Fireworks Display 2020 canceled
● Orchard Park, NY Fireworks Display 2020 – canceled
● Town of Niagara Fireworks Display – canceled
● Village of Springville Fireworks Display/Town of Concord Fireworks Display – canceled
● Wheatfield, NY Fireworks Display – canceled
July 5th, 2020 Fireworks Displays in Buffalo, NY and Western New York
● Andover, NY Fireworks Display 2020 (Dusk, July 5th)
These posts may also interest you:
● Best Picnic Spots in New York State – With plenty of options to have a picnic, you are not lacking for amazing spots around New York State to have a fun experience. You can combine history, water sports or exploration with your picnic. However, you want to enjoy your outing, make sure you bring enough food and drink for everyone. And do not forget the sunscreen. Have fun and bon appétit.
● Best Summer Family Getaways in New York State – I think everyone knows I love New York! Hubby and I spend a lot of time traversing this great state, seeing and doing so much that is offered. New York State is mostly rural. While many people think of it as a concrete jungle due to NYC, the truth is New York State is mostly farmland, forests, parks, and waterways. While there are a plethora of indoor activities, New York State shines in the outdoor hiking, boating and sportsman areas – perfect for fun, adventurous family getaways!