From creepy to spooky to adorable, these 20 Jello Shots for Halloween are certain to be a hit at your next Halloween Party! So get the party started with these unusual and easy-to-make Halloween Jello Shots Recipes.
Jello shots are simple to make. Most jello shots take under 5 minutes for the actual process, the general refrigerator time is 2 hours+. No matter how many of these Halloween Jello Shot Recipes you serve your adult guests, they are sure to enjoy these fun Halloween treats.
20 Jello Shots for Halloween
These black, purple, orange, green, and white jello shots are perfect for Halloween. If you are having a Halloween party or a Halloween get-together for adults and want the best jello shots to serve your guests, try a few of these Halloween Jello Shots recipes! I bet they bring back memories. Happy Halloween!
Jello Shots are pretty easy to make. This is the basic recipe anyone can follow:
● 1 small box of Flavored Gelatin (there are others with unflavored Gelatin, but this is the basics)
● 1 cup water, boiling
● 1 cup of: vodka/rum/tequila/whiskey/schnapps/liqueurs
The 1 cup of some sort of spirits is the key. The different flavor combinations of alcoholic beverages combined with the flavored gelatin are what make the tasty jello shot varieties. The best part is if you would like to make a nonalcoholic jello shot for your little guys and gals, you would substitute more water or flavored water or juice in place of the booze, in which case the flavor of jello becomes all that more important so your jello shots have er, flavor.
Tips and variations for making Halloween Jello Shots:
● Experiment with flavored jello shots!
● Experiment with unflavored gelatin – remember, you need to add a flavor or use something besides flavorless vodka when you use unflavored gelatin to make jello shots
● Before filling your jello shots, place your containers to be filled on a baking sheet. It will make transporting 20, 40, 60 (or more!) jello shots to the refrigerator that much easier.
● For transport use plastic cups, specifically souffle cups (condiment cups). I make my jello shots in 2-ounce cups with lids when I am taking them to a party. At home, I still use plastic containers although if you had a lot of shot glasses, you could make the jello shots in those. For Halloween, you could mix it up and use a plastic test tube! You can purchase test tubes here. Try different vessels to make your jello shots: apples for an apple shot, my pumpkin pie jello shots have a crust, etc.
● Try different toppings – sprinkles, whipped cream, or if using a real shot glass, rim the glass first! Not sure how to rim a cocktail glass? Follow this easy tutorial on How to Rim a Glass! On the top of your jello shots, try a little black sanding sugar, candy eyes, or whipped cream. If making real whipped cream, add some food coloring or food gel to make black whipped cream, yellow whipped cream, or orange whipped cream for a little extra sweetness in the Halloween spirit!
● You can make a double batch of nearly any jello shot simply by doubling the quantities. Read the directions on all these recipes to be certain, however.
Jello shots can come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. The texture is pretty much standard (hence the basic recipe). Just know that you need to allow them to set in a refrigerator for several hours before serving. If it is warm out, keep them on ice with the extras stored in a fridge. I have had success with jello shots re-setting after being out on a really hot day (the ice wasn’t quite enough), but that is a YMMV.
Now on to the Halloween recipes:
● Angel of Death Jello Shots – Angel of Death Jello Shots are a heavenly cocktail that goes down dangerously easily! Try it out this Halloween to see how dangerous they are!!
● Black Widow Jello Shots – With their Halloween-appropriate bright purple and green colors, these unique jello shots will look awesome with your Halloween party spread.
● Apple Pie Jello Shots – This Apple Pie Jello Shot recipe is a taste of fall in a party shot! Simple to make, these Apple Pie Jello Shots are a perfect addition to your holiday party jello shot list.
● Candy Corn Jello Cups – These candy corn jello cups are an easy make-ahead treat that’s perfect for Halloween parties or gatherings!
● Caramel Apple Jello Shots – Adorable apple jello shots made in real apples. Dive in and serve them at your next party!
● Cherry Surprise Jello Shots – Swap out the cherry in the middle for squishy Leche (eyeballs) or gummy eyeballs.
● Edible Ghost Shot Glasses These Ghost Edible Shot Glasses are the perfect unique Halloween Party Cocktail! Filled with Marshmallow Infused White Rum these Halloween Shots are dangerously delicious!
● Glow in the Dark Jello Shots – This Glow in the Dark jello shots recipe is a really cool addition to any party! Easy to make, these are a lot of fun to look at, and mighty tasty to boot. If you are wondering how to make glow-in-the-dark jello shots, this recipe is for you. (Using a black light makes this magical effect come to life!)
● Floating Eyeball Jello Shots – Perfect for the mad scientist who has everything.
● Jack Skellington Jello Shots These Jack Skellington Jello Shots are the boozy treat to serve up to any Nightmare Before Christmas Fan. These will be a huge hit at any Halloween party too!
● Gummy Worm Jello Cups – FUN and festive gummy worm Jello cups are a creepy, creative and yummy treat perfect for Halloween
● Margarita Jello Shots Recipe – This is simply the best Margarita jello shot recipe you will ever make! It truly tastes like a Margarita. Make them salted in regular shot glasses full of this delightful concoction, or unsalted to-go gelatin shots in stack-able disposable containers.
● Halloween Eyeball Jelly Shot Recipe – Eyeball jelly shots that look like green eyeballs.
● Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots Recipe – Orange jello is the perfect Halloween color, and if you liked Orange Creamsicles as a kid, you will love these Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots for adults!
● Jello Shots With Floating Eyeballs – If you want an easy adult Halloween drink that can double as dessert, these jello shots with floating eyeballs are easy to make and creepy to behold.
● Peanut Butter and Jelly Jello Shots Recipe – This Peanut Butter and Jelly Jello Shots Recipe is the grownup version of your favorite childhood sandwich. The different colors used are great for Halloween!
● Purple Raven Jello Shots – Grape Jolly Ranchers pump up the flavor in this Magnificent ‘Purple Raven’ Jell-O Shot!
● Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots Recipe – If you like Pumpkin Pie you will love these creative Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots. Creamy and delicious, these fun Jello shots are perfect for a Halloween party!
● Witch’s Brew Jello Shots – Jello shots in a cauldron!
● Purple People Eater Jello Shots – A great Halloween party jello shot, these Purple People Eater Jello Shots are easy to make and taste great! It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin’ purple people eater…
As always, drink responsibly, and please don’t drink and drive.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!