This cozy and warm hot cocoa smells and tastes delicious! Your whole house will smell like gingerbread as it warms on the stovetop. This Gingersnap Hot Cocoa Recipe is easy to make and really hits the spot on a cold winter night.
Gingersnap Hot Cocoa Recipe
● This hot cocoa recipe is Non-alcoholic. There is nothing preventing you from adding a little bit of Christmas cheer to your cup just before serving. Try rum (white or dark, not spiced), brandy, or a gingerbread liqueur.
● This is highly spiced. If you are not certain all these spices are for you, half the amounts the first time you make it. Remember this is two servings though, so make sure whoever else you are serving this gingersnap hot cocoa too is on board with fewer spices.
● I listed a food processor to crush the gingersnaps. You could also put them in a sealable plastic storage bag, seal it shut, and then roll it over with a rolling pin (or crush them with a mallet).
● For my UK and Australian friends: confectioners sugar is icing sugar (powdered sugar, 10x).
Gingersnap Hot Cocoa Ingredients:
● 3 cups Whole Milk
● 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
● 1 tsp ground Ginger
● ½ tsp ground Nutmeg
● ½ tsp ground Allspice
● ¼ cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
● ¼ cup Confectioners Sugar
● 8 Gingersnaps, 6 crushed and 2 whole
● Whipped cream, for garnish
Gingersnap Hot Cocoa Mise en Place:
● 2 Mugs
● Measuring Cup
● Measuring Spoon
● Mini Food Processor
Gingersnap Hot Cocoa Directions:
● Pour the milk into a medium saucepan.
● Add 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground Ginger, ½ teaspoon ground Nutmeg, ½ teaspoon ground Allspice. Whisk to combine.
● Add ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder and ¼ cup confectioners sugar; stir well.
● Heat the mixture under medium-low heat until a low simmer, stirring occasionally. (Do not allow the cocoa to boil).
● While the cocoa is warming, crush 6 gingersnap cookies in a food processor and set aside.
● Once the gingersnap cocoa begins a slow simmer, remove from heat and pour into your favorite mugs.
● Garnish with a generous helping of whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed gingersnaps. Top off each mug with a whole gingersnap cookie.
● Serve immediately.
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- ½ tsp ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground Allspice
- ¼ cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Confectioners Sugar
- 8 Gingersnaps, 6 crushed and 2 whole
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground Ginger, ½ teaspoon ground Nutmeg, ½ teaspoon ground Allspice. Whisk to combine.
- Add ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder and ¼ cup confectioners sugar; stir well.
- Heat the mixture under medium low heat until a low simmer, stirring occasionally. (Do not allow the cocoa to boil).
- While the cocoa is warming, crush 6 gingersnap cookies in a food processor and set aside.
- Once the gingersnap cocoa begins a slow simmer, remove from heat and pour into your favorite mugs.
- Garnish with a generous helping of whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed gingersnaps. Top off each mug with a whole gingersnap cookie.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 38gProtein: 15g
If you would like more holiday drinks (these are cocktails), be sure to check these out:
● Boozy Candy Cane Shake Recipe – This super easy to make candy cane milkshake is a fresh, crisp, refreshing adult cocktail perfect for the holiday season. If you like the cool taste of peppermint, you will adore this festive holiday beverage.
● Homemade Eggnog Recipe – Eggnog is a delicious, traditional holiday drink, and this homemade eggnog recipe makes a fabulously rich, tasty, fresh eggnog you can whip up in minutes. This is truly the best eggnog you will ever have.
● Mistletoe Mint Cocktail – wonderful holiday cocktail recipe, this terrific Christmas drink is perfect for the holiday season. Light and refreshing, this will become one of your favorite holiday drinks! Give your taste buds a minty treat with sip after sip of this delicious holiday cocktail.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!