This Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe is a great freezer meal! Easy to make, you will want to double the recipe making one for dinner tonight, and one to freeze for later. This leftover ham recipe is an easy, delicious dinner your entire family will enjoy.
Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
I am serious about making one for now, and one for later. A freezer meal is an excellent way to have a home cooked meal when you do not have time to cook.
● If you are making this ahead as a freezer meal; using a disposable pan, you follow all the instructions including baking and allow to cool completely. Use a Sharpie on the aluminum foil you are wrapping the Ham and Potato Casserole with, or a piece of tape attached to the aluminum foil to write down cooking directions. Pop in the freezer.
● When I make a freezer meal, sometimes I defrost before cooking, and sometimes I pop into the oven still frozen. Doing that means it needs a longer cook time, even when I use my convection oven setting. YMMV of course – but watch the casserole when you have not defrosted a freezer meal or else you could end up serving a very cold, unthawed, dinner.
Ham and Potato Casserole Ingredients:
● 4 medium Russet Potatoes
● 8 oz Ham, cubed
● 2 TBSP Yellow Mustard
● 2 tsp Paprika
● 2 tsp Olive Oil
● 1½ tsp Garlic powder
● 1 tsp Salt
● 1 tsp Black Pepper
Ham and Potato Casserole Mise en Place:
Ham and Potato Casserole Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350°.
● Coat a 8″x8″ baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray or rub lightly with olive oil- (prepping for the freezer use a disposable aluminum pans).
● Cube 4 small russet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
● In a large bowl toss together 8 ounces of cubbed ham, cubed potatoes, 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard, 2 teaspoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1½ teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Make certain the ham and potatoes are coated well in wet ingredients.
● Pour the ham mixture into 8″x8″ baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil (for the freezer after wrapping write the cooking directions on the foil to make it easy when you pull it to cook, freeze before baking.)
● Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 350° oven, or until potatoes are fork tender.
● Serve hot.
- 4 medium Russet Potatoes
- 8 oz Ham, cubed
- 2 TBSP Yellow Mustard
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8"x8" baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray or rub lightly with olive oil- (prepping for the freezer use a disposable aluminum pan).
- Cube 4 small russet potatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl toss together 8 ounces of cubed ham, cubed potatoes, 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard, 2 teaspoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1½ teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Make certain the ham and potatoes are coated well in wet ingredients.
- Pour the ham mixture into an 8"x8" baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil (for the freezer after wrapping write the cooking directions on the foil to make it easy when you pull it to cook, freeze before baking.)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated 350° oven, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve hot.
Cook until chicken is to temp (approximately 165 degrees Fahrenheit) and the potatoes are soft (make sure your potatoes are bite-sized and uniform).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 830mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
If you enjoy freezer meal cooking, you will want to check out these great freezer meal recipes:
● Sausage Breakfast Pie Recipe – This yummy sausage breakfast pie recipe is a really great meal for breakfast, brunch or dinner! This breakfast pie recipe freezes fabulously so makes for a great freezer casserole meal. Make two sausage breakfast pie recipes at once – one to serve – and one pie to freeze for later when you need that perfect meal quickly.
● Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake Recipe – This fabulous chicken and sweet potato recipe is an easy, healthy recipe for dinner. Simple to make, it is also a great healthy freezer meal recipe, so make two – one to serve for dinner tonight, and one to freeze for later. This delicious spicy chicken and sweet potato bake recipe is so good; your whole family will want seconds! Yum.
● Easy Leftover Ham Casserole Recipe – Got leftover ham? This is a delicious, easy to make leftover ham casserole recipe! This homemade ham casserole freezes very well too. If you have leftover ham, try this simple to make ham casserole for dinner tonight!
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!