Mmmmm nothing beats a cold slushie on a hot summer day! This pineapple Malibu slushie cocktail is easy to make, frosty cold, and oh so delicious. Try one while sitting in the backyard, or lounging by the pool this weekend.
Pineapple Malibu Slushie Recipe
When the heat is on, nothing beats a cold cocktail. If you like sweet drinks (but not overly sweet), you are going to want to try this fabulous pineapple slushie. Malibu rum was used, and the tropical flavors really make this drink what it is.
Pineapple Malibu Slushie Recipe Notes:
• Tip – measure out the pineapple in the can before you open a can of pineapple juice… you may come very close to that ½ cup needed, and you can top off the rest with water to get to that ½ cup. This is a nice substitute if you do not have small cans of pineapple juice on hand, and do not want to open a large can.
• I have no idea how fresh pineapple would work in this recipe. I am guessing that frozen pineapple would work quite well, but again I have not tried it, so I do not know.
• As far as serving glass… a Mason glass jar was used, and this makes two servings. A smaller glass would make more servings.
• If you would like to rim your glasses before making the pineapple slushie, you can. Sugar for the dry, malibu rum for the wet would work. You could also try coconut flakes for the dry, malibu rum for the wet. Place your glass in the freezer while you are gathering ingredients for the drink after you have rimmed it, and have a cold glass to pour your slushie into – 10 minutes max.
• For garnish, fresh pineapple was used. Maraschino cherries would also work very well!
Pineapple Malibu Slushie Ingredients:
• ½ cup Malibu Rum
• ½ cup Pineapple Juice
• 2 cups Ice
• 20 oz Sliced Pineapple
• 2 Slices Fresh Pineapple for garnish
Pineapple Malibu Slushie Mise en Place:
• Measuring Cup
• 2 Glasses
• 2 Spoons
Pineapple Malibu Slushie Directions:
• In a blender combine the ½ cup of Malibu Rum, the ½ cup of pineapple juice, 2 cups of ice, and the pineapple slices from one 20 ounce can of pineapple.
• Blend for 2 minutes.
• Pour into a glass and top with an umbrella! Garnish with fresh pineapple if you like.
• Serve with a spoon!
- ½ cup Malibu Rum
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups Ice
- 20 oz Sliced Pineapple
- 2 Slices Fresh Pineapple for garnish
- In a blender combine the ½ cup of Malibu Rum, the ½ cup of pineapple juice, 2 cups of ice, and the pineapple slices from one 20 ounce can of pineapple.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and top with an umbrella! Garnish with fresh pineapple if you like.
- Serve with a spoon!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
Blendtec Designer Series Blender with Wildside+ Jar (90 oz), Professional-Grade Power, Self-Cleaning, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 8-Speeds, Sleek and Slim, Black
Mastertop 6 Pcs 16.9 Ounce Mason Drinking Jars with Lids Recycled Glass Bottles and Drinking Straws with 3 Extra Sealing Lid
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 6gSugar: 55gProtein: 2g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
Looking for more summer cocktail recipes? Try one of these:
• Frozen Pineapple Margarita Recipe – This marvelous and easy to make pineapple margarita recipe is a perfect party cocktail! A tropical delight, this frozen margarita recipe is one delicious adult beverage.
• The High Tide Cocktail Recipe will remind you of warm summer days and fun times on the beach. A sweet, delicious rum cocktail with a touch of Midori citrus, the high tide is a fabulous adult libation.
• Central Coast Cocktail Recipe – Prepare yourself for the taste bud explosion – of the best kind – that this Central Coast Cocktail has to offer! One of the most outstanding qualities of this cocktail recipe is that it tastes just as you would imagine a summer drink should taste – light, bubbly and 100% refreshing. This yummy Central Coast Cocktail Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with a touch of fresh mint flavor. Simply delightful.
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!