Sometimes a subtle change makes all the difference! A new take on an old recipe, this fabulous pumpkin spice rice crispy treats recipe is wonderful fall snack. Make a batch to pack in a lunchbox, to take for tailgating treat, or as a great evening snack with a cup of apple cider. Simply delicious.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Everybody knows and loves the original rice crispy treat recipe. It was a staple for me as a child, and I made them for my son too! It doesn’t take much to spice-up (hehe, get it!?) the original recipe to make it a fabulous seasonal or holiday treat! This recipe uses pumpkin spice and cinnamon – two very fall-ish spices. You may also want to try apple pie spice with the cinnamon if you prefer an apple-ish taste.
● You do not have to add the chocolate if you do not want.
● You can use white chocolate + festive fall sprinkles!
● You can stir in a few drops of orange food coloring to white chocolate (after you have melted the white chocolate) for a more fall-ish looking treat!
● Spray your spoon and spatula with non-stick spray help prevent sticking.
● Use a potato masher to press down firmly on the crispy rice treats! It will compact well, and allow them to be uniform in height.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients:
● 10 oz Marshmallows
● 3 TBSP Butter,softened
● 1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
● ¼ tsp Cinnamon
● 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
● 2 cups Chocolate Chunks (or Chips)
Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats Mise en Place:
Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats Directions:
● Grease a 9 x 13″ pan with a non stick cooking spray (or butter). Set aside.
● In a large microwave safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows get puffy.
● Stir your marshmallows and butter until mixed together.
● Mix in your pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
● Now mix in the crispy rice cereal (using a long metal spoon works well).
● Scoop into the prepared greased pan, press down firmly and let set for an hour to cool.
● While cooling, heat 2 cups of chocolate chunks/chips in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
● Pour the melted chocolate onto the Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats and spread out the melted chocolate evenly with a spatula.
● Set the Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats bars in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until your chocolate has hardened, slice and enjoy!
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 3 TBSP Butter,softened
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chunks (or Chips)
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan with a nonstick cooking spray (or butter). Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Stir your marshmallows and butter until mixed together.
- Mix in your pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Now mix in the crispy rice cereal (using a long metal spoon works well).
- Scoop into the prepared greased pan, press down firmly, and let to set for an hour to cool.
- While cooling, heat 2 cups of chocolate chunks/chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats and spread out the melted chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Set the Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats bars in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until your chocolate has hardened, slice, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
USA Pan Bakeware Rectangular Cake Pan, 9 x 13 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Award-Winning Professional Grade 3-Piece Black Silicone Spatula Set By DI ORO - 600°F Heat-Resistant Seamless Rubber Spatulas - Best Spoonula, Small Spatula, Large Spatula for Cooking & Baking
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you are looking for more seasonal, fall pumpkin treats, perfect for a lunch box, evening snack, or after dinner treat, you may want to consider these:
● Pumpkin Muffins Recipe – These easy to make Pumpkin Muffins are so good! A soft, spicy, delicious pumpkin muffin recipe that will have your family asking for more. Enjoy these pumpkin muffins for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack.
● Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies Recipe – If you like thumbprint cookies, you will love this delicious update to that old classic recipe. These Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies combine the spicy taste of pumpkin with the smooth taste of cream cheese for a truly decadent cookie!
● Pumpkin Puffs Recipe – These easy to make Pumpkin Puffs are soooo good! A wonderful side dish for lunch or dinner, a tasty dessert or quick breakfast, this Pumpkin Puffs Recipe is a quick seasonal treat your whole family will enjoy!
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!