A melt in your mouth cinnamon roll casserole made in a slow cooker. This is one delicious breakfast that your entire family will devour!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole
This is the Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites recipe almost to a T. I made very few changes: the frosting is all on top, the original recipe calls for it in between layers. I also upgraded to heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole Mise en Place:
That is what it looks like unfrosted.
This recipe is too much for two people. Seriously. If you have a small slow cooker and want to make half a recipe for 2-3 people, I think it would work. Just watch the cooking times as I have not done it myself, and I don’t know if the cooking time is less in a smaller slow cooker.
Also, this was terrible day 2. Just sayin’. For as good as it was day 1 (OMG I wanted to eat the entire pot! and this is a serving for EIGHT!), day two it did not reheat well. At all. So, consume on day 1 or face dried out Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole on day 2.
How to make Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole in the oven?
In comments people have asked over the years how to make this cinnamon roll breakfast casserole in the oven. I honestly do not know. However, someone pinned this on Pinterest. Someone saw that pin and left this comment along with a photo of their finished casserole (which looked amazing):
Followed the recipe, but baked in a 9×13 at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Turned out really good!
Remember, I have not done it, but that is the first time I have seen an actual time and temp for this recipe in the oven, and it is a place to start!
- 2 12oz Cinnamon Roll Tubes, quartered
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Spray your slow cooker bowl with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one roll of quartered cinnamon roll pieces at the bottom of your slow cooker. Save the frosting packets for later.
- In a small bowl, beat 4 eggs.
- To the beaten eggs add ½ cup heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Blend well.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cinnamon rolls in the slow cooker.
- Place remaining roll of quartered cinnamon rolls on top of the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours, or until sides are golden brown and the rolls are set.
- Spread frosting that came in the cinnamon roll tubes over the warm cinnamon roll casserole.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
hOmeLabs 6 Quart Slow Cooker Pot - Digital Programmable Slow Cooker Crock - 10 Hour Timer Auto Shut Off and Instant Food Warmer - Oval Nonstick Removable Crock Stoneware and Stainless Steel Exterior
CIA Masters Collection 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set
If you are looking for more fabulous recipes, try these:
● Orange Sweet Rolls Recipe – Warm, homemade sweet rolls; what could possibly taste better? Make this delicious orange sweet rolls recipe any time of year, and serve them up for breakfast, snacks, dessert, or a wonderful lunchbox treat.
● Cinnamon Roll Bunnies Recipe These delicious, easy to make cinnamon roll bunnies are a wonderful addition to your holiday brunch menu!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!