This easy-to-make, 5-ingredient, quick prep, baked pesto Caprese chicken recipe packs a lot of great taste in a simple recipe. Tender, juicy chicken baked in a pan and smothered with fresh mozzarella… mmmm, it’s so good! Only you will know how little effort goes into preparing this great tasting chicken dinner.
Baked Pesto Caprese Chicken Recipe
I love caprese in all forms; from the traditional caprese side dish to Hubby’s fantastic cucumber caprese salad, caprese salad is a served all over Italy. Originating on the Island of Capri, traditional Inslata Caprese is found on every Italian restaurant menu, yet it is simple to make at home. Comprising of buffalo mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar, it is the easiest side dish you could possibly make.
So, why not eliminate a bowl and make it in the pan with some chicken?
Tips for Making Baked Pesto Caprese Chicken:
● I list three Roma tomatoes, you may have to adjust to four if they are small, or two if they are large.
● Fresh mozzarella is recommended which you can buy in the ball and slice yourself or presliced in the ball or log. You can substitute shredded, packaged mozzarella in a pinch.
● Serve with a little balsamico di modena to really enhance the taste!
● If your chicken breasts are very thick you will most likely have leftovers.
● If you have leftovers, cook up some spaghetti, add some cherry tomatoes, sliced baked pesto Caprese chicken, and some balsamic vinegar or olive oil, and served with a side of broccoli!
Baked Pesto Caprese Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
● 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
● Salt, to taste
● Pepper, to taste
● 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
● ½ cup Basil Pesto
● 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
● 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
Baked Pesto Caprese Chicken Mise en Place:
Baked Pesto Caprese Chicken Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Lightly lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Pat chicken breasts dry and lay in the prepared pan.
4. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
5. Spread pesto over chicken and top with sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
6. Bake in preheated 400ºF oven for 35-40 minutes uncovered, until chicken is fully cooked.
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Basil Pesto
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and lay in the prepared pan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread pesto over chicken and top with sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated 400ºF oven for 35-40 minutes uncovered until chicken is fully cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 51g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!