Few things go together better than cauliflower and cheese, and this delicious, rich, easy-to-make Cauliflower Cheese Soup takes that wonderful pairing to new heights. Lunch, dinner, or as a starter, this soup is a crowd-pleasing winner!
Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe
This is the best cauliflower cheese soup recipe! It is very simple to prepare, has a bit of zing to it, and your whole family will love it. Serve with crackers or fresh bread!
Tips and variations for making this cauliflower cheese soup recipe:
● If you do not have leeks, you can substitute scallions or yellow/white onions. This will change the flavor a bit, so be aware of that.
● If this soup is too spicy for you, add 2 oz dark beer.
● Velvetta now makes a shredded version if you prefer that to the traditional chunk.
● Instead of buying chicken stock, make your own chicken stock. You can also buy (sodium-free) chicken bouillon and make your chicken stock according to those directions. It isn’t quite the same, but it will do in a pinch.
● Instead of buying vegetable stock, make your own sodium-free vegetable stock. Follow these directions to make your own no sodium vegetable stock and use that instead.
● This cauliflower cheese soup recipe freezes beautifully. Just make certain you use freezer grade containers. Hubby buys them in giant packs, and we keep the extras down the basement. Our freezer sometimes looks like a frozen soup factory exploded in it. We freeze soup, stews, leftovers, garden vegetables, etc for later use all year long!
● You may want to read about Hubby’s Waring Immersion Blender
If you enjoy making homemade soup, try one of these delicious soup recipes:
Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe Ingredients:
● 2 TBSP Butter
● 2 cups Leeks, diced
● ¼ cup Flour
● ½ tsp Salt
● ½ tsp Garlic Powder
● ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
● ½ tsp White Pepper
● 2 cups Milk
● 2 cups Chicken Stock
● 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
● 1½ cups Vegetable Stock
● 1 head Cauliflower, cut into 1″ chunks
● 1 tsp Dijon mustard
● 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
Cauliflower Cheese Soup Mise en Place:
Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe Directions:
● In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
● Add leeks to the melted butter and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
● Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and white pepper; cook 2 minutes while stirring.
● Stir in milk, chicken stock, diced red pepper, and vegetable stock.
● Add the chunked cauliflower and heat the soup mixture until boiling over high heat.
● Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender about 10 minutes.
● In a blender or using an immersion blender, blend cauliflower mixture at low speed until smooth.
● If you used a blender, return the cauliflower mixture to the pot.
● Remove saucepan from heat stir in mustard and cheese.
● Stir until smooth.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 cups Leeks, diced
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1½ cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks to the melted butter and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and white pepper; cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in milk, chicken broth, diced red pepper, and vegetable broth.
- Add the chunked cauliflower and heat the soup mixture until boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender about 10 minutes.
- In a blender or using an immersion blender, blend cauliflower mixture at low speed until smooth.
- If you used a blender, return the cauliflower soup mixture back to the pot.
- Remove saucepan from heat stir in mustard and cheese.
- Stir until smooth.
- Serve hot.
If this soup is too spicy for you, add 2 oz dark beer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Annovero Cereal Bowls – Set of 6 Porcelain Bowls for Soup, Salad, Rice, or Pasta, 6.25 Inch Diameter, 23 Fluid Ounce (2.75 Cup) Capacity
Soup Crocks with Handles, Ceramic Make, Soup, Chilli, by KooK, 22oz, Set of 4 (Red)
V VANCASSO Porcelain Bowls Set for Salad Soup Cereal Rice Snack Dinnerware Bowl Set 4-Piece 6oz Porcelain China Ceramic - Blue
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!