This fast and easy Nachos Deluxe recipe can be eaten as lunch or dinner, or served as a snack! Great for game day snacking, movie time, or anytime. This delicious treat is ready in under 20 minutes, and is oh so good!
This is one of those easy recipes you will make again and again. The ingredients, including the cheese sauce, make it a real crowd-pleaser and a huge hit with your friends and family. The best part is it comes together quickly; 20 minutes from start to finish making these loaded nachos a terrific party food, great appetizer, or big game food.
These beef nachos are made with classic toppings and this is the ultimate nacho recipe. Homemade nachos do not get easier to make or taste better than this fabulous nachos recipe. Made with all your favorite toppings, it is easily adaptable if you would like to add more nacho toppings. If this is your first nachos recipe, you are in luck! It is also going to be your best nachos recipe.
Nachos Deluxe Recipe
This is an old recipe for hubby and me; I first published this in 2010 on my old blog. We have a local eatery that used to make a more complicated version of this recipe, and over the years we would try and change it until we came up with this final version (which is an original recipe).
This is not made in the oven – completely unnecessary and I have no idea how it would turn out if you tried.
Tips and variations for making this nachos deluxe recipe:
● Once you make up the Nachos Deluxe, the tortilla chips will turn soggy, so eat quickly and do not allow to stand for a long time.
● Choose mild, medium, or hot salsa according to your taste preference.
● Besides nacho cheese sauce, cheddar cheese sauce is also sold in a jar, as well as nacho jalapeno and ghost pepper. Pick your favorite if you do not care for the nacho cheese dip flavor.
● You can really add anything you might like such as guacamole, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, a black beans layer, a refried beans layer; green onions, fresh salsa (instead of jarred), black olives, jalapeño slices, fresh cilantro, whatever your personal preference and what you consider to be the best toppings. Honestly though? This is one of our favorite recipes with these four simple ingredients.
● If you substitute ground turkey for ground beef it will change the taste.
● Because this is not heated in the oven I do not suggest brick cheese like American cheese, pepper jack cheese, Colby cheese, or real cheddar cheese. Use the nacho jar cheese. It will heat smoother on the stove. If you really want to use shredded cheese, your results may not be as good. Try the cheese melts type if you insist on real cheeses.
● You can double or triple the recipe.
● You can spice the ground beef up with a taco seasoning if you like. I have never done so, but it seems like a reasonable idea.
● I suggest eating this quickly (not a problem since it tastes so good!) to avoid soggy nachos. With that in mind, leftover nachos do not store well as assembled, although the meat can be made in advance and then heated when necessary.
● The best chips to use for this nachos deluxe recipe are tortilla chips. If you prefer another type, please let me know in the comments what you used and how that worked out for you and your guests.
How do you make nachos deluxe from scratch?
1. Cook and drain the ground beef, add the salsa and warm through.
2. Heat cheese sauce.
3. Over a layered plate of tortilla chips spoon the meat and cheese. Top with sour cream.
Nachos Deluxe Recipe Ingredients:
● 1 lb Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained
● 16 oz Salsa
● 16 oz Nacho Cheese Sauce
● ¼ cup Sour Cream
● Tortilla Chips
Nachos Deluxe Mise en Place:
● Frying Pan (Skillet pan)
● Measuring Cup
● Spatula or Spoon
Nachos Deluxe Recipe Directions:
1. Cook ground beef in pan, drain, then return cooked ground beef to the same pan.
2. Add 16 ounces of salsa to cooked ground beef. Heat on a low burner until completely warmed through.
3. In a separate small saucepan (or microwave), warm cheese sauce until smooth.
4. On a plate, layer a handful (or more) of tortilla chips, ladle salsa mixture on top of chips, layer nacho sauce on top, top with sour cream.
5. Serve hot.
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained
- 16 oz Salsa
- 16 oz Nacho Cheese Sauce
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- Tortilla chips
- Cook ground beef in pan, drain, then return cooked ground beef to the same pan.
- Add 16 ounces of salsa to cooked ground beef. Heat on a low burner until completely warmed through.
- In a separate small saucepan (or microwave), warm cheese sauce until smooth.
- On a plate, layer a handful (or more) of tortilla chips, ladle salsa mixture on top of chips, layer nacho sauce on top, top with sour cream.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Microwave-Safe Bowl Sets- Wheat Straw Bowls 4 Pack 6.8 inch Large Size Unbreakable Degradable Bowl Reusable Eco Friendly Cereal Bowls for Soup,Dessert and Salad - Easy Dishwasher Safe（Green）
Nordic Ware 69518 Covered Bowl Set, 8-pc, Set of 8, Coastal Colors
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, Blingco Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Bowls Set of 5, Size 5, 3, 2, 1.5, 0.63 QT, 3 Grater Attachments, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 1796mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 42g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
You may also enjoy these terrific easy-to-make recipes:
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!