An easy to make recipe that perks up your fresh, garden green beans. These oven roasted Parmesan green beans are so good, your kids will be asking for seconds!
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
I have been making this oven-roasted Parmesan green beans recipe for years. I grow a lot of green beans in my backyard, and while we like green beans uncooked, this is by far our favorite way to make, and eat, green beans. It is truly a simple recipe, and takes just a few minutes to prepare.
If you like oven roasted vegetables, you will love these Spicy Oven Roasted Okra Recipe (not slimey!) and Oven Roasted Autumn Vegetable Medley RecipeOven Roasted Autumn Vegetable Medley Recipe.
Tips for making oven roasted Parmesan green beans
● I listed ¼ of a cup of Parmesan cheese in ingredients due to the constraints of my recipe card, but you might require up to 1/3 of a cup.
● Watch the cook times!! All ovens are not created equal. You want these nicely browned and a tad crunchy, but you do not want them overcooked.
● If you have too much Parmesan cheese on your green beans, it can spill over onto the baking tray. I only say this because it can be a bear to scrub off, even if you have coated your pans with non-stick spray.
● If your children do not like vegetables, this might entice them… they are like a green bean fry!
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Ingredients
● 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
● ¼ cup Olive Oil
● ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated fine
● Pepper, to taste
● Salt, to taste
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Mise en Place:
● Large Bowl
● Measuring Cup
● 2 Jelly Rolls Pans
● Non-stick Spray
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash your fresh bean thoroughly.
3. Snap off the ends (or cut them).
4. Place your green beans in a large bowl.
5. Pour in the olive oil.
6. Stir to coat the green beans completely.
7. Add your Parmesan cheese.
8. Coat the beans with the Parmesan cheese.
9. Spray 2 jelly roll trays with non-stick spray.
10. Place your green beans on the tray, keeping space between the beans.
11. Roast the green beans in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes until your beans are brown; turn (or at least stir) your green beans at the 10-minute mark to facilitate even browning.
12. Serve hot!
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated fine
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash your fresh bean thoroughly.
- Snap off the ends (or cut them).
- Place your green beans in a large bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil.
- Stir to coat the green beans completely.
- Add your Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the beans with the Parmesan cheese.
- Spray 2 jelly roll trays with non-stick spray.
- Place your green beans on the tray, keeping space between the beans.
- Roast the green beans in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes until your beans are brown; turn (or at least stir) your green beans at the 10-minute mark to facilitate even browning.
- Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Original Popco Tongs, Set of 3-7,9,12 inches, Heavy Duty, Stainless Steel Bbq and Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tips (Can Also Be Used as Ice Tongs and Sugar Tongs) (Multi)
Microwave-Safe Bowl Sets- Wheat Straw Bowls 4 Pack 6.8 inch Large Size Unbreakable Degradable Bowl Reusable Eco Friendly Cereal Bowls for Soup,Dessert and Salad - Easy Dishwasher Safe（Green）
Set of 2 Acapcia Wooden Octagon Square Trays Serving Bread Plates for Fruit Salad Platter Vegetable Food Dish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!