This Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is simply… perfect! You will be fighting off your kids to lick the beater. Frosting is not necessary, these cupcakes are that good!
Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
This Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Recipe really is perfectly delicious! So chocolatey good, moist and flavorful – your entire family will love these chocolate cupcakes.
If you are looking for a really, really good chocolate cupcake, look no further. These are super easy to make and taste AMAZING!! You truly do not need frosting… and this is coming from a frosting junkie who is only meh about chocolate desserts!! For all that I love chocolate candy, chocolate in any other form has never really done it for me. These chocolate cupcakes however are a different story. They are truly fabulous!
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Cupcake
1. Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in the pans.
2. Sift – Take the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder and sift it together in a large bowl.
3. Cream – In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Toss in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix well.
4. Combine – Add in a third of the flour mixture and milk at a time to the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly in between until all ingredients are combined.
5. Bake – Fill the cupcake tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow them to cool fully before frosting.
6. Serve – Once cool, you can frost the cupcakes or serve them plain. Enjoy!
Tips and variations for making these Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes:
● These chocolate cupcakes are so good they don’t need frosting – I cannot believe I just wrote that!! If you would like to add a frosting, I would suggest this buttercream frosting recipe. If you do decide to frost, chill cupcakes before frosting. It will make the cupcakes easier to frost.
● How To Make Vanilla Extract
● Storage – Store in a cake keeper in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days. Can be stored in the fridge in the same manner for up to a week. Store in an airtight container, in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
● Reheating – You can reheat these cupcakes in the microwave provided they are not frosted.
Common Questions about Chocolate Cupcakes
How Can I Make My Cupcakes Moister?
Be sure to not overcook your cupcakes. This will definitely cause them to become dried out and hard to swallow. Creaming the butter and sugar is also a very important step. When you cream these two items together, it allows the butter to take in air. This air is what helps the cupcakes rise to be moist and fluffy. If you can get your hands on it, using cake flour will also help with getting moist cupcakes.
Are Cupcakes Better with Oil or Butter?
Honestly, I like to use both on certain occasions. For this recipe, I just use butter. This helps the cupcakes be moist and fluffy. However, if you use oil, this will make the cupcakes a bit denser, but still very moist. So, it’s up to you and what your preference is. You can always add both butter and oil to your recipe if you want to try it like that.
Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
● ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
● 2 tsp Baking Powder
● ¾ cup Milk
● 10 TBSP Butter
● 1¼ cups Sugar
● 4 Eggs
● ½ tsp Almond Extract
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● 1½ cups Flour
Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Mise en Place:
Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350°.
● Line cupcake pans for 24 individual cupcakes; set aside.
● Shift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder, set aside.
● Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
● Add eggs, almond extract, and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture, mix well.
● Stir in flour mixture and milk, alternating each with 1/3 of their mixture (so add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/3 milk, 1/3 flour mixture, 1/3 milk until all are combined). Blend well.
● Spoon into the prepared baking cups, filling them ¾ of the way full.
● Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
● Cool on a wire rack.
If you like cupcakes, you may want to make these cupcake recipes:
If you are searching for the Perfect Chocolate Cupcake, you have found it! Rich, moist, and oh so decadent, these cupcakes make one delicious dessert. They work as a great base cupcake for any of your future cupcake needs and plans.
- 1½ cups Flour
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10 TBSP Butter
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Milk
- preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cupcake pans for 24 individual cupcakes; set aside.
- Shift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, almond extract, and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture, mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture and milk, alternating each with 1/3 of their
mixture (so add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/3 milk, 1/3 flour mixture,
1/3 milk until all are combined). Blend well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking cups, filling them ¾ of the way full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
GetSet2Save Vintage Galvanized 3 Tier Serving Tray Rustic Country Farmhouse Kitchen, one size, Silver
FEOOWV 2pcs 3-Tier Round +Square Cake Stand Party Food Server Display Stand with 3pcs Rectangle Plastic Serving Trays for Wedding Birthday Party (A-Set of 5pcs)
10 White Rectangle Trays with Gold Rim Border for Elegant Dessert Table Serving Parties 9" X 13" Heavy Duty Disposable Paper Cardboard for Platters, Cupcake Display, Birthday Party, Weddings Food Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!