Ho-Ho-Ho Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Get into the holiday spirit with these fabulous eggnog pudding shots. These fun eggnog pudding shots are perfect for holiday parties and get-togethers. Simply follow these easy step-by-step pudding shot instructions to make these phenomenal Eggnog Pudding Shots for your holiday party!
Eggnog Pudding Shots Recipe
Eggnog is the traditional holiday beverage of choice for many people. Whether spiked or unadulterated, commercially purchased or homemade eggnog, eggnog and the holidays go hand and hand.
Mmmm pudding shots! If you are looking for something that is a boozy cross between a dessert and a jello shot, pudding shots are for you! Easy to make, pudding shots are a great “adult” pudding recipe.
So, what could be better than a Eggnog Pudding Shots Recipe? Simply marvelous for your Christmas party, New Year’s Eve party, or holiday party or gathering of friends and family.
Tips and variations for making this Eggnog Pudding Shots Recipe:
● I show Cool Whip in the ingredients photo which is a brand name. You can use another brand of imitation whipped topping if you like.
● When you make a pudding shot the whipped topping is always thawed.
● This recipe used Jello instant pudding, but you can use any instant pudding brand.
● Use a commercially made eggnog you buy at the store (as opposed to making your own) for this pudding shot recipe.
Eggnog Pudding Shots Ingredients:
● 3 oz box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
● ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
● ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
● 1½ cups Cold Commercially Made Eggnog
● ½ cup Bourbon (or Rum)
● 8 oz tub Imitation Whipped Topping, thawed
● Whipped Cream, for garnish
● Nutmeg, for garnish
Eggnog Pudding Shots Mise en Place:
● 12 (2oz) plastic pudding shot cups with lids if transporting
● Measuring Spoons
● Measuring Cup
Eggnog Pudding Shots Directions:
● Place 12 pudding shot cups (soufflé cups) on a large baking sheet.
● Pour the contents of one small (3oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl.
● Add ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, whisk together.
● Add 1½ cups Cold Commercially Made Eggnog; Mix well.
● Add ½ cup Bourbon (or Rum). Stir until the pudding mixture is thickened.
● Fold in 8 ounces of (thawed) whipped topping and stir until the pudding mixture is light and fluffy and you no longer see any white streaks from the whipped topping.
● Spoon the eggnog pudding mixture into the plastic cups, filling up to the top of each rim.
● Chill for at least 4 hours (overnight works best!)
● After 4 hours, if you are not servings immediately, you can place lids on the plastic cups and chill overnight.
● Before serving add a generous dollop of whipped cream to each eggnog pudding shot and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Eggnog Pudding Shots Recipe
Great tasting eggnog jello pudding shot in a single serve plastic cup.
- 3 oz box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ cups Cold Commercially Made Eggnog
- ½ cup Bourbon (or Rum)
- 8 oz tub Imitation Whipped Topping, thawed
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- Nutmeg, for garnish
- Place 12 pudding shot cups (soufflé cups) on a large baking sheet.
- Pour the contents of one small (3oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon, whisk together.
- Add cold commercially made eggnog; mix well.
- Add bourbon (or rum). Stir until the pudding mixture is thickened.
- Fold in (thawed) whipped topping and stir until the pudding mixture is light and fluffy and you no longer see any white streaks from the whipped topping.
- Spoon the eggnog pudding mixture into the plastic cups, filling up to the top of each rim.
- Chill for at least 4 hours (overnight works best!)
- After 4 hours, if you are not servings immediately, you can place lids on the plastic cups and chill overnight.
- Before serving add a generous dollop of whipped cream to each eggnog pudding shot and sprinkle with nutmeg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reditainer Plastic Disposable Portion Cups Souffle Cup with Lids, 2-Ounce, 100-Pack
Award-Winning Professional Grade 3-Piece Black Silicone Spatula Set By DI ORO - 600°F Heat-Resistant Seamless Rubber Spatulas - Best Spoonula, Small Spatula, Large Spatula for Cooking & Baking
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
If you like eggnog, you are gonna loooooove these terrific eggnog recipes:
● Eggnog Jello Shots Recipe – If you like eggnog you will love these fabulous Eggnog Jello Shots. These jello shots taste just like your favorite eggnog recipe! These fun Eggnog Jello shots are perfect for holiday parties and get-togethers.
● Homemade Eggnog Recipe – Eggnog is a delicious, traditional holiday drink, and this homemade eggnog recipe makes a fabulously rich, tasty, fresh eggnog you can whip up in minutes. This is truly the best eggnog you will ever have.
● Lemon Twist Tequila Eggnog Recipe – Tequila and eggnog are a fabulous combination. The added zest of lemon makes this an irresistible cocktail. Update your eggnog this holiday season and enjoy this great tasting Lemon Twist Tequila Eggnog libation.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● For more Recipes on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
Deborah M Lyman says
I make pudding shots all of the time and will sometimes modify the recipe. In this case, rather than putting in 1/2 cup of the bourbon, I am using 2 cups of the liquor store-bought eggnog with the booze already included. YUM!
Pudding shots are always an added hit to parties and supper club gatherings.
Susie Marin says
The pudding calls for 3 cups of milk, do you use an additional cup of milk? Or are you using a pudding mix that calls for only 2 cups of milk? 🙂
Stephanie Jack says
Hi there so I made mine with what ingredients I had at home already and just now put it in the fridge so I have yet to try it. So here’s what I used, Butterscotch instant pudding, store bought eggnog, Fireball whiskey, and ground nutmeg.
Stephanie, let me know how you liked them with those changes! It sounds delicious.