These glow in the dark cocktail recipes are perfect for your next party! Tasty, smooth, and delicious these fun cocktails will have your guests talking. If you are wondering how to make glow in the dark cocktails, these recipes are for you.
Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipes
Are you looking for a fun drink to impress your friends? These glow in the dark cocktail recipes are simple to make, lots of fun to see “glow”, and a real conversation starter. Whether for a Halloween party (obviously!) or some other event or get together, if you have a dark room and a black light, these glow in the dark cocktail recipes are a must-make!
Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipes Notes:
My Glow in the Dark Jello Shots recipe uses tonic water to get them to glow. These cocktails are using energy drinks, Monster Maxx specifically. It is the Vitamin B that makes it glow, so any energy drink with that will work. You can also crush up Vitamin B and put that in a drink instead, or use tonic water.
You can basically make ANY cocktail glow in the dark just swapping the liquid to tonic water, a vitamin B drink, or adding vitamin B. However, if you expect to just plop these Glow in the Dark Cocktails on a table and they will “glow” you are bound to be disappointed. You need a black light to get these cocktails to “glow” in the dark. Without it, they are just purple and blue drinks.
A black light flashlight is fine for showing one (or two or three) glow in the dark jello shots on a clear surface, but you will want a black light (like in a bar) for a party setting.
Set up your glow in the dark jello shots on a clear tray, in a bed of ice (with the rope of black light underneath the ice) or turn over a clear plastic popcorn bowl and put the rope of black light underneath. The darker the area the better the drinks will glow.
● There are actually two different drink recipes in this post, so you have more choices to serve your guests at your party!
● For the first cocktail (the blue one) you can free some MAXX Monster Energy Drink ice cubes, or just use regular ice cubes.
● For the second cocktail (the purple one), you will need to freeze some MAXX Monster Energy Drink ice cubes first, and then crush them.
● You can add some dry ice for a cool smoking effect.
Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipes Mise en Place:
Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipes Ingredients:
Blue Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipe Ingredients:
● 1oz Vodka
● 1oz Blue Curaçao
● Ice Cubes
● 4 ounces MAXX Monster Energy drink
● ½ ounce Lime Juice
Blue Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipe Directions:
1. Add one ounce of vodka to a fun chemistry beaker, flask or a traditional cocktail rocks glass.
2. Add one ounce of blue curaçao and some ice cubes.
3. Add four ounces MAXX Monster Energy drink
4. Add ½ an ounce (a splash) of lime juice. Mix well. Add some dry ice for a fun smoking effect.
5. This drink will glow in the dark under a black light.
Purple Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipe Ingedients:
● 4 MAXX Monster Energy Drink Ice Cubes
● 1oz Vodka
● 3oz Tonic Water
● 3oz Lemon-Lime Soda
● 2oz White Grape Juice
Purple Glow in the Dark Cocktail Recipe Directions:
1. Freeze four ice cubes made with MAXX Monster Energy Drink per cocktail.
2. Crush the MAXX Monster Energy Drink ice cubes. Set aside.
3. Add one ounce of vodka to a fun chemistry beaker, flask or a traditional cocktail rocks glass.
4. Add crushed energy drink ice to the container.
5. Add three ounces of tonic water to the beverage container.
6. Add three ounces lemon-lime soda to the beverage container.
7. Add two ounces of white grape juice to the beverage container, mix well.
8. This drink will glow in the dark under a black light.
- 1oz Vodka
- 1oz Blue Curaçao
- Ice Cubes
- 4 ounces MAXX Monster Energy drink
- ½ ounce Lime Juice
- Add one ounce of vodka to a fun chemistry beaker, flask, or a traditional cocktail rocks glass.
- Add one ounce of blue curaçao and some ice cubes.
- Add four ounces MAXX Monster Energy drink.
- Add ½ an ounce (a splash) of lime juice. Mix well. Add some dry ice for a fun smoking effect.
- This drink will glow in the dark under a black light.
You need a black light to get these cocktails to "glow".
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you are having a party, you might enjoy these fun party cocktails:
● Crash and Burn Cocktail Recipe – Five liquors combine with three juices to make this fantastic, smooth and very drinkable Crash and Burn drink recipe!
● Orange Creamsicle Cocktail Recipe – If you liked Orange Creamsicles as a kid, try this Orange Creamsicle for adults! Easy to make, this creamy and smooth cocktail is simply delicious.
● Tropical Rum Punch Recipe – This Tropical Rum Punch Recipe is delicious, cool and refreshing. The rum punch combines the flavors of rum, brandy, and fruit juice into a fabulous tropical drink!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!