If you like fresh fruit – and who doesn’t!? – you will love this simple summer fruit salad recipe. Easy to make, it comes together quickly and tastes fantastic. The “secret ingredient” allows this simple summer fruit salad to last and last instead of turning brown and mushy! A terrific blend all your summer favorite fruits, this fresh fruit salad is colorful, delicious, and lasts and lasts!
Simple Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
This is my MIL’s recipe, and it is really quite good. It is so simple, yet looks beautiful and tastes fabulous! The rum as the “secret ingredient” that not only ia a sweetener, but what allowes this simple summer fruit salad to keep a few days. My MIL doesn’t like to use bananas, but I do. She prefers pineapple and a melon. As you can see, this recipe is very adaptable to whatever fruit you have on hand!
● This is a great summer fruit salad recipe to make for large gatherings – simply double (or triple) the recipe to feed your guests or take as a pot-luck dish.
● This is also a very good fresh fruit salad to make for smaller families. With Hubby and I usually only being the two of us, the fact that this summer fruit salad holds up for a few days means less waste.
● I called this a summer fruit salad but the truth is you can make it anytime of year. It is just that the summer time is when these fresh fruits are available in abundance.
● In case you missed it – I use bananas in this recipe, my MIL uses pineapple and melon. Highly customizable!
Simple Summer Fruit Salad Ingredients:
● 1 quart Strawberries
● 2 Bananas
● 1 pint Raspberries
● 1 pint Blackberries
● 1 pint Blueberries
● 1 cup Seedless Grapes
● ½ cup Sugar
● ¼ cup White Rum
Simple Summer Fruit Salad Mise en Place:
Simple Summer Fruit Salad Direcions:
● Wash all your fruit.
● Hubby removes excess water with a salad spinner.
● Hull and slice your strawberries into quarters.
● Place into a large bowl.
● Cut up bananas, slicing, then quartering each piece.
● Place bananas into the large bowl with the strawberries.
● Add raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and grapes to the strawberries and bananas in the large bowl.
● Add ½ cup white sugar; toss lightly.
● Add ¼ cup white rum to the fruit and sugar mixture. Mix well while not smushing the fruit.
● The rum is what will allow the fruit salad to keep a few days instead of turning brown in a few hours.
● Transfer to a serving bowl with a lid (or cover very tightly with plastic wrap).
● Chill covered for at least one hour.
● Serve cold.
● Refrigerate any leftovers.
- 2 Bananas
- 1 pint Raspberries
- 1 pint Blackberries
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 cup Seedless Grapes
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup White Rum
- Wash all your fruit.
- Hubby removes excess water with a salad spinner.
- Hull and slice your strawberries into quarters.
- Place into a large bowl.
- Cut up bananas, slice, then quartering each piece.
- Place bananas into the large bowl with the strawberries.
- Add raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and grapes to the strawberries and bananas in the large bowl.
- Add ½ cup white sugar; toss lightly.
- Add ¼ cup white rum to the fruit and sugar mixture. Mix well while not smashing the fruit.
- The rum is what will allow the fruit salad to keep a few days instead of turning brown in a few hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl with a lid (or cover very tightly with plastic wrap).
- Chill covered for at least one hour.
- Serve cold.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Microwave-Safe Bowl Sets- Wheat Straw Bowls 4 Pack 6.8 inch Large Size Unbreakable Degradable Bowl Reusable Eco Friendly Cereal Bowls for Soup,Dessert and Salad - Easy Dishwasher Safe（Green）
Annovero Dessert Bowls – Set of 6 Small Porcelain Bowls for Snacks, Rice, Condiments, Side Dishes, or Ice Cream, 4.75 Inch Diameter, 10 Fluid Ounce (1.25 Cup) Capacity
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, Blingco Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Bowls Set of 5, Size 5, 3, 2, 1.5, 0.63 QT, 3 Grater Attachments, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you are looking for more fresh fruit salad recipes, or fresh vegetable recipes, you may want to try these:
● Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe – A beautiful and delicious take on a traditional Caprese Salad, this Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe is a perfect side dish with steak, burgers, turkey legs, barbecue chicken and more! E This is one of the most popular recipes on my blog!
● Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe – Grandma’s old fashion Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe. Super easy to make, this is a delicious blend of cucumbers and onions in a sweet, creamy sauce is the perfect cucumber salad recipe!
● Cantaloupe Prosciutto Mozzarella Salad Recipe – Sweet, salty and delicious. This Cantaloupe Prosciutto Mozzarella Salad is a perfect lunch dish, side dish or dinner in a hurry. Just 15 minutes from refrigerator to table for this refreshing and tasty Cantaloupe Prosciutto Mozzarella Salad recipe!
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!