If you like Christmas cookies you will love these creative Christmas Cookie Jello Shots. Creamy, slightly sweet, and delicious, these fun Jello shots are perfect for holiday parties and get-togethers!
If you have a Christmas gathering, Christmas party, holiday get-together, or holiday party between now and the end of the holidays, make these for the over-21-crowd at your next holiday party!! They really are good. And they will remind everyone of when they were 21 (or 18) again!
Christmas Cookie Jello Shots Recipe
These are an easy-to-make Christmas cookie-flavored (and inspired) jello shot recipe that is perfect to add to your holiday drinks collection. Up the fun department at your Christmas gatherings with these delicious jello shots this Christmas time.
Tips and variations for making this Christmas cookie jello shots recipe:
● You can use Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier. Each will change the taste slightly but choose according to your personal preference.
● Finish the top layer of your holiday jello shots with real whipped cream and red sprinkles, green sprinkles, a mix of the two, or some other holiday-inspired jimmies or sprinkles just before serving.
● You can play around with the liquor quantities provided it adds up to one cup. The quantities listed in the recipe result in a more Bailey-ish Jello shot whereas you may prefer the butterscotch or orange to be more pronounced.
Some suggested liquor quantities:
¼ cup Butterscotch Liqueur
½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
¼ cup Cointreau Liqueur
Or, try 1/3 of a cup of each liquor for a more orange-y taste.
How to Make Jello Shots:
Jello Shots are pretty easy to make. This is the basic recipe anyone can follow:
● 2 packets unflavored gelatin (Knox gelatin or store brand)
● 1 cup of water
● 1 cup of vodka /rum/tequila/whiskey/schnapps/liqueurs (alcohol of choice)
The 1 cup of some sort of spirits is the key. The different flavor combinations of alcoholic beverages are what makes the tasty jello shot varieties when using unflavored gelatin.
The souffle cups are 2oz, and a shot glass is 1oz, 1.5oz, or 2oz normally, so you may get a different number of servings depending on the vessel you use to set the gelatin.
Christmas Cookie Jello Shots Ingredients:
● 1 cup Water
● 2 Unflavored Gelatin Packets (Knox, store brand)
● ¼ cup Butterscotch Liqueur
● 5/8 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
● 1/8 cup Cointreau Liqueur
● Whipped Cream for Garnish
Christmas Cookie Jello Shots Mise en Place:
Christmas Cookie Jello Shots Instructions:
● Place 1 cup of water in a bowl.
● Add the unflavored gelatin packets to the water; dissolve.
● Place dissolved gelatin liquid in a pot on the stove on low heat; stir until completely dissolved.
● Remove from heat; allow to sit 15 minutes.
● Add Butterscotch Liqueur, Bailey’s Irish Cream and Cointreau Liqueur to the dissolved gelatin.
● Carefully pour into 2 ounce soufflé cups. Allow some headroom and do not fill to the top.
● Remove any bubbles that may form.
● You may cap your soufflé cups, or wait until the gelatin has set before capping.
● Place in refrigerator to set, approximately 2 hours.
● Garnish with whipped cream and festive sprinkles before serving.
● Makes 12 servings Christmas Cookie Jello Shots
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Unflavored Gelatin Packets (Knox, store brand)
- ¼ cup Butterscotch Liqueur
- 5/8 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/8 cup Cointreau Liqueur
- Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Place 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Add the unflavored gelatin packets to the water; dissolve.
- Place dissolved gelatin liquid in a pot on the stove on low heat; stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Add Butterscotch Liqueur, Bailey’s Irish Cream and Cointreau Liqueur to the dissolved gelatin.
- Carefully pour into 2 ounce soufflé cups. Allow some headroom and do not fill to the top.
- Remove any bubbles that may form.
- You may cap your soufflé cups, or wait until the gelatin has set before capping.
- Place in refrigerator to set, approximately 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream (and sprinkles) before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
Looking for more holiday jello shot recipes this holiday season? Try one of these from the collection of our favorite holiday jello shots:
● Eggnog Pudding Shots Recipe – Ho-Ho-Ho Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Get into the holiday spirit with these fabulous eggnog pudding shots. These fun eggnog pudding shots are perfect for holiday parties and get-togethers. Simply follow these easy step-by-step pudding shot instructions to make these phenomenal Eggnog Pudding Shots for your holiday party!
● Jingle Bells Jello Shots Recipe – These fun and festive Jingle Bells Jello Shots are easy to make. If you have a holiday get-together and/or party between now and the holidays, make these gelatin shots for the over 21 crowd!!
● Champagne Jello Shots Recipe – Fancy Jello shots don’t have to be difficult to make! These step-by-step tutorial instructions for making a delicious and fun Champagne Jello Shots recipe are so easy to follow; the results are amazing!! The next time you are having an adult celebration or party, make some champagne Jello shots and up the fun in your festivities!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!