Christmas drinks and holiday cheer! This holiday season, look to this list of Christmas cocktails for your Christmas party and holiday get-togethers. From Christmas punch to hot chocolate beverages, from eggnogs to hot butter rum, if you are looking for a festive cocktail, take a look at this list of adult beverages. And have yourself a merry little Christmas.
While mixing a cocktail from scratch may take a few minutes longer than using a cocktail mix, you will be shocked and amazed at just how much better the cocktail from scratch tastes. Truly a party on your tongue! Well, festive drinks are no more difficult to make than a classic cocktail recipe. With a few simple ingredients, you will be mixing up what will become your favorite Christmas cocktail – or perhaps a signature cocktail after you add your own spin – in no time flat!
30 Festive Christmas Cocktails
This time of year leads to a lot of holiday parties. These easy recipes for Christmas cocktails are a great way to introduce some new and some old holiday libations to your friends and family. Pair a cup of wassail or a spiked hot chocolate with your favorite Christmas cookies, easy appetizers, or passed-around canapes. It does not take a lot of effort to make a Christmas drink that will pair well with your Christmas dinner, make Cranberry mimosas for Christmas brunch, or try new festive holiday cocktails once per day on the 12 days of Christmas!
I expect more than a few will become your go-to Christmas cocktail recipes. There is a wide variety of festive Christmas cocktails on this list, just waiting for you to make and enjoy.
Tips for making Christmas cocktail recipes:
● Below is a small list of liquor and garnishes to have on hand for your Christmas party. Read the recipes you want to make thoroughly to see what liquors, mixers, and garnishes are needed to make that cocktail recipe. Look for drink notes to see what types of substitutions might be made to correspond with the items you have on hand. Something as simple as substituting whipped cream vodka for vanilla vodka means you do not have to open up a new bottle.
● Bottle opener, wine opener, cocktail shaker, punch bowl or punch pitcher, stirrer sticks, martini glasses, old-fashioned glasses (if it is a large party, you may want to invest in plastic for easy clean-up)
● A list of holiday liquors to have on hand for cocktails include: whiskey, gin, vodka, peppermint schnapps, rum, spiced rum, tequila, vermouth, brandy, triple sec
● Wines: red wine, white wine, champagne, or other bubbly
● Mixers to have on hand include cranberry juice, simple syrup, ginger ale, Cola (diet and regular), apple cider, lime juice, whipped cream, ginger beer, pineapple juice, lemon juice, lime juice
● Garnishes to have on hand: cinnamon sticks, candy canes, lemons, limes, oranges (slices and wedges), nutmeg, fresh cranberries, colored sugars and salt.
● Do not forget plenty of ice (buy some or start your ice maker early and place the ice in freezer bags).
Now, on to the list of festive Christmas cocktails!
As always, drink responsibly, and please don’t drink and drive.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!