Thanksgiving Day is a special time to gather with friends and family. We give thanks for all the good things in our lives and spend time reflecting on what makes the United States just so very special. Many people go out to dinner on Thanksgiving, but even more people stay home and make a feast! Whether you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner (or lunch) in your home or making one special recipe to take to your friend’s or relative’s house, this list of Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes can help you plan your meal.
50 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
I have listed many, many recipes that I have made over the years on the list below. You can make a complete Thanksgiving dinner that is fairly easy, and delicious from the recipes below. I am certain you will find that perfect new addition to your family’s meal.
Thanksgiving Dinner Appetizers Recipes
● Cheesy Bacon Twice Baked Potato Bites Recipe – These Cheesy Bacon Twice Baked Potato Bites can also be adapted to a side dish, perfect for a holiday or family dinner.
● Cheesy Kale and Artichoke Dip – This creamy, cheesy, delicious kale and artichoke dip recipe is simple and fast to make.
● Gluten-Free Cheese Bites Recipe – Make your own gluten-free cheese bites with this easy recipe.
● Mushroom Gruyère Triangle Tarts Recipe – A sophisticated, yet simple appetizer or lunch dish, these Mushroom Gruyère Triangle Tarts are super easy to make! Slightly salty, slightly sweet, this delicious little dish is perfect for parties!
● Prosciutto Asparagus Spears Recipe – Mmmm anyone else adore a good prosciutto-wrapped asparagus appetizer? I know I sure do! Prosciutto wrapped anything is mighty tasty. Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham and there are many prosciutto-wrapped recipes (mostly for dates and asparagus), but for me, the winner is asparagus. The mix of the two is simply delicious.
● Turkey Cream Cheese Pinwheels Recipe – A colorful and unique update to the classic pinwheel recipe, these turkey cream cheese pinwheels are bursting with flavor.
Thanksgiving Dinner Soups and Salads Recipes
● Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe – Few things go together better than cauliflower and cheese, and this delicious, rich, easy to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup takes that wonderful pairing to new heights.
● Corn Chowder Recipe – A slightly sweet, slightly spicy corn chowder that is easy to make, and simply delicious.
● Creamy Turkey Soup – This Creamy Turkey Soup is easy to put together and tastes delicious!
● Panera’s Cream Cheese Potato Soup – This is one fabulous soup. Everyone that has this Panera Cream Cheese Soup not only wants seconds, but the recipe too!
● Potato – Leek Soup – Smooth and creamy, this Potato-Leek Soup recipe is a tasty way to warm up on a cold fall or winter night.
● Zucchini Soup Recipe – A fabulous, unique, zucchini soupd recipe.
● Roasted Beet and Tomato Salad Recipe – A beautiful, delicious, unique salad recipe that makes great use of fresh produce! Roasted beets, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and salad greens combine for a truly tasty side salad dish.
● Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe – Fresh spinach, dried cranberries and walnuts tossed with a tangy, great-tasting pomegranate dressing. The results are wonderfully unexpected and completely delicious.
Thanksgiving Dinner Breads and Rolls Recipes
● Cinnamon Apple and Walnut Holiday Bread Recipe – This great tasting cinnamon apple and walnut bread is perfect for breakfast, after-dinner dessert, or with a cup of coffee in the evening. The apple cinnamon combination makes this is a wonderful fall and winter loaf bread; the walnuts add some great texture. Moist and delicious, this is a fantastic, easy to make, loaf bread recipe.
● Creamed Corn Cornbread Recipe – The creamed corn plus the buttermilk makes for an extremely moist, tasty and wonderful cornbread!
● Faux Sourdough Bread – My Mother in Law is on a low sodium diet (under 1000mg per day). Faced with the challenge of her diabetes plus her sodium restrictions, she could not buy commercially made bread. Hubby gave her caregivers this recipe years ago, and she has been making, and enjoying, this Faux Sourdough Bread Recipe ever since.
● Keto Bread Loaf Recipe – Are you on the keto diet and craving a tasty low-carb bread? This keto bread recipe is moist and delicious. If you are tired of dried out, bland tasting low-carb keto-friendly bread, give this fabulous keto-friendly bread recipe a try! You will be happy you did.
● Homemade White Bread Recipe – There is nothing that tastes as good as fresh, warm, homemade bread. Nothing. It is simpler than you think to make homemade white bread. This soft and delicious homemade white bread recipe is great for sandwiches, toast, stuffing or to eat alone.
● Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe – From scratch homemade rolls are warm, soft, delicious, and they smell fantastic too! Nothing tastes better than fresh homemade rolls. Make your own rolls with this easy (really!) Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe.
● Pumpkin Puffs Recipe – These easy to make Pumpkin Puffs are soooo good! A wonderful side dish for lunch or dinner, a tasty dessert, or a quick breakfast, this Pumpkin Puffs Recipe is a quick seasonal treat your whole family will enjoy.
● Zucchini Carrot Bread Recipe – A very dense Zucchini Carrot Bread, this recipe is satisfying as a snack or for breakfast.
● Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe – This moist and delicious chocolate chip zucchini bread is the perfect way to use your great garden zucchini in a wonderful, sweet treat.
Thanksgiving Dinner Entree Recipes
● Deep Fried Turkey – If you have ever wondered how to deep fry a turkey, wonder no more! It is a simple process that requires: a deep fryer (and all the parts that accompany it), a turkey or turkey breast, injector marinade, and oil (we use peanut oil).
● Easy Oven Roasted Turkey Recipe – A whole turkey is easier to make than you might think! Use this easy oven-roasted turkey recipe the next time you want to make a whole bird. The directions are easy to follow, and your poultry meal will be simply delicious.
● How to Cook a Turkey – Making a delicious turkey for the holidays is easier than you think. By following this simple step-by-step turkey roasting tutorial even the most novice cook will produce a tender, tasty, and juicy bird sure to impress your guests!
● Roasted Raspberry Ham Recipe – Making a ham for dinner or the holidays does not need to be complicated. This simple, three-ingredient, ham recipe is so easy nearly anyone can make it! The next time you are looking for a great ham recipe, give this Roasted Raspberry Ham Recipe a try.
Thanksgiving Dinner Side Dishes
● How to Make Turkey Gravy – What to do with all those wonderful pan drippings from that tender and juicy turkey you just made!? Why make turkey gravy, of course! There is nothing better than homemade gravy, and this turkey gravy recipe really packs a flavor-wallop. Easy to make (really!) this wonderful turkey gravy is the perfect pairing to your roasted turkey.
● The Best Cranberry Sauce Recipe – This super easy to make fresh cranberry sauce is simply delicious. If you ever thought that making your own cranberry sauce was difficult, disabuse yourself of that notion as nothing could be further from the truth. I was shocked at not only how easy cranberry sauce is to make, but how much better it tastes than pre-made or canned cranberry sauce. I think I made this recipe six times last year alone simply because we enjoyed it so much, and it is so incredibly simple to make.
● Chunky Parmesan Smashed Potatoes Recipe – The fabulous combination of cheese and potatoes is blended to perfection in this delicious Chunky Parmesan Smashed Potatoes Recipe. Easy to make, this smashed potato recipe can easily be doubled to serve more people.
● Easy Carrot Cranberry Salad Recipe – This is one of the easiest holiday salads you can make! When you are looking for a simple to make side dish to serve, give this wonderful Easy Carrot Cranberry Salad Recipe a try!
● Frizzled Cabbage Recipe – This Frizzled Cabbage Recipe will make cabbage lovers out of everyone! Easy to make, the sautéing brings out the flavor and makes your cabbage oh so sweet. I was not a cabbage fan before this frizzled cabbage recipe, and now I love cabbage!
● Leafy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Recipe – If you enjoy Brussels sprouts, I bet you will love this easy to make leafy Brussel sprouts and bacon recipe. Easy to make, this delicious Brussel sprouts recipe comes together quickly and easily.
● Orange and Cranberry Steamed Carrots Recipe – This simple to make side dish recipe dresses up fresh carrots to perfection.
● Oven Roasted Autumn Vegetable Medley Recipe – This terrific sheet pan oven roasted autumn vegetable medley recipe makes great use of in-season fall vegetables.
● Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans – An easy recipe that perks up your fresh, garden green beans; these are so good, your kids will be asking for seconds!
● Parsley Potatoes – Quick and easy, these Parsley Potatoes are a delicious alternative to baked potatoes.
● Pork and Cranberry Stuffing Recipe – A scrumptious, easy to make holiday stuffing your family and guests are sure to enjoy. Mixing the great taste of pork and cranberry, this slightly sweet dressing is a great compliment to your ham or turkey dinner.
● Sugared Cranberries Recipe – These sugared cranberries are amazingly addictive. Use these easy to follow instructions to make your own sugared cranberries which are perfect for recipe garnishes, side dishes, or a cocktail garnish.
● Slow Cooker Maple Acorn Squash Recipe – This slow cooker maple acorn squash recipe is the perfect fall side dish! Great as an accompaniment to pork, turkey and chicken entrees, this is one delicious, easy to make squash recipe your entire family will enjoy.
● Spiced Cranberry Butternut Squash Recipe – Spice up your butternut squash with this delicious, easy to make cranberry and butternut squash recipe.
● Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe – A delicious, easy to prepare sweet potato casserole recipe your entire family will enjoy. This classic sweet potato recipe is a wonderful side dish that pairs well with turkey.
● Vintage Cranberry Walnut Jello Recipe – My sister-in-law makes this cranberry jello for the holidays. You could make it anytime, but it really is a great dish for Thanksgiving. Retro, vintage, classic, old-fashioned, whatever you want to call it, this cranberry jello recipe simply tastes great!
Thanksgiving Dinner Dessert Recipes
Lots of Thanksgiving desserts! What can I say? I love dessert!
● Apple Brown Betty – A totally delicious ending to any meal, a great nighttime snack, or a breakfast treat, this old fashioned, sweet, and tasty Apple Brown Betty recipe is easy to make and a wonderful use of fresh apples.
● Apple Cinnamon Croissant Cake Recipe – The scent of crisp apples and cinnamon will fill your home while this tasty treat bakes in your oven. Your taste buds will be watering, and oh that first bite! This apple cinnamon croissant cake recipe is so easy to make. Believe me, your entire family will enjoy this fabulous pastry.
● Baby Apple Walnut Pies Recipe – These simple, six-ingredient, baby apple walnut pies are fabulous! Easy to make, these Baby Apple Walnut Pies will impress your friends and family.
● Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe – Indescribably smooth and delicious. This is like no other Banana Split Icebox Cake you have had before!
● Blueberry Pie Recipe – An easy to make blueberry pie. This delicious homemade blueberry pie combines fresh blueberries and wholesome dairy cream for a truly luscious dessert!
● Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe – A moist and scrumptious carrot cake recipe. These from-scratch carrot cake cupcakes are a taste of spicy deliciousness that is easy to make. Frosted or unfrosted this carrot cake recipe is simply fabulous.
● Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe – Satisfy those chocolate cravings with this rich and delicious cheesecake recipe. If you like chocolate, and if you like cheesecake, you want to give this recipe a try! Smooth, decadent, and creamy accurately describe this fabulous chocolate dessert recipe.
● Chocolate Slush Cake Recipe – Rich, cool, creamy, and decadent, this chocolate slush cake is a great dessert to serve family and friends any time of the year. This is a delicious layered pudding cake that simply melts in your mouth.
● Company Cheesecake Recipe – This creamy and delicious cheesecake recipe is from my late Grandmother’s recipe file – a great cheesecake recipe to make when company was coming over! Friends and family will love the smooth, luxurious taste of this company cheese recipe.
● Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Recipe – This delicious cheesecake is perfect for holiday dinners, parties, and get-togethers. It is a creamy and delectable cheesecake, with just a touch of tartness and spice from the gingerbread crust. Go ahead, delight your taste buds with this Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake this holiday season!
● Danish Puff Recipe – This delicious Danish Puff Pastry Recipe is quite old; my Grandmother made it for as long as I can remember, and I have been making it for over 35 years myself. This simple to make puff pastry recipe is a fantastic coffee Danish to serve friends and family for many a holiday!
● Easy Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe – If you are looking for a fabulous pumpkin pie recipe without a crust, you will enjoy this amazing variation of a traditional pumpkin pie recipe. Crustless pies are all the rage – same great pie taste, fewer calories, and carbs by foregoing the crust. Crustless pies are easy enough to make using a springform pan, just read the step by step crustless pumpkin pie recipe I am sharing below to make your own terrific crustless pumpkin pie!
● Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe – These sweet little mini pumpkin pies are just so simple to make! If you are searching for a tasty bite-sized holiday dessert, these individual pumpkin pie bites are sure to impress your family and friends. Only you will know how easy they were to prepare.
● Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Oatmeal Crumble Bars Recipe – apples are perfect for Thanksgiving!
● Gooey Bars Recipe – Ooey Gooey delicious goodness! Try these fabulous Gooey Bars for dessert. Your entire family will love them!
● Homemade Chocolate Eclairs Recipe – There is no more sophisticated pastry than an éclair! From filling a holiday dessert tray to an elegant shower confection, or simply passed around at a party on a tray, this homemade chocolate éclair recipe will satisfy and impress with its creamy rich filling, and slightly sweet chocolate ganache topping. These homemade chocolate éclairs are an outstanding dessert perfect for any occasion.
● Maple Pumpkin Delight Pie Recipe – Easy, delicious, maple and pumpkin goodness! This Maple Pumpkin Delight Pie Recipe is simple to make and tastes fantastic.
● Mini Cranberry Orange Cake Recipe – This festive holiday dessert recipe is so easy to make! Only you will know the base is a boxed cake mix; your friends and family will marvel at your creativity while devouring these delicious Mini Cranberry Orange Cakes.
● No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait Recipe – A delicious, no muss, no fuss cheesecake parfait the whole family will enjoy. Special occasions, holidays, or after-dinner dessert, this No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait is sure to hit the spot when you are craving an easy to make sweet.
● No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe – If you love pumpkin desserts, use these easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions to make this smooth and creamy no-bake pumpkin pie cheesecake! Full of fall flavors, this light, and airy no-bake cheesecake is so simple to make.
● Pecan Pie Bars – These Pecan Pie Bars are rich and delicious old fashioned pecan pie in an convenient hand-friendly, bar shape.
● Pecan Pie Fudge Recipe – If you like pecan pie you are going to love the sweet maple-pecan taste of this terrific pecan pie fudge recipe. This sweet, pecan filled fudge recipe tastes just like your favorite pecan pie. Great for homemade gifts, your holiday dessert tray, or a special treat for your family, this is one outstanding fudge recipe.
● Pear Crisp Recipe – This fantastic, easy to make, pear crisp recipe is so sweet and tasty! As a bonus, it smells heavenly!
● Pumpkin Basket Sugar Cookie Cups Recipe – These delightful Pumpkin Basket Sugar Cookie Cups are a sweet, unique, festive fall cookie recipe.
● Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies Recipe – If you like thumbprint cookies, you will love this delicious update to that old classic recipe. These Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies combine the spicy taste of pumpkin with the smooth taste of cream cheese for a truly decadent cookie!
● Pumpkin Icebox Cake Recipe – This Pumpkin Icebox Cake recipe tastes like pumpkin pie. The Pumpkin Icebox Cake gets better the longer it sets in your refrigerator, so it is a great recipe to make a day or two in advance of a big function.
● Pumpkin Nut Roll Recipe – Bake a pumpkin nut roll for the holidays, special occasion or anytime. Your friends and family will love this beautiful and delicious pumpkin dessert – a fantastic alternative to pumpkin pie.
● Pumpkin Muffins Recipe – These easy to make Pumpkin Muffins are so good! A soft, spicy, delicious pumpkin muffin recipe that will have your family asking for more. Enjoy these pumpkin muffins for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack. Yum!
● Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bundt Cake Recipe – This easy to make pumpkin Bundt cake recipe is a wonderful dessert to serve during the fall and holiday season. The moist pumpkin cake and cream cheese filling combine perfectly for a great taste sensation. So, pour a cup of coffee and cut yourself a big slice of this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bundt Cake to enjoy for dessert tonight!
● Pumpkin Pie Fudge Recipe – This is a sweet, creamy, delicious fudge that tastes just like pumpkin pie! This easy to make pumpkin pie fudge recipe contains pecans, marshmallow, and pumpkin puree; everything that makes your homemade pumpkin pie taste great can be found in this terrific fudge recipe.
● Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Treats Recipe – These delicious treats are great for kids and adults alike. Easy to make, this 4-ingredient pumpkin spice Cheerios recipe is perfect for the kids!
● Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe – This Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe is creamy and delicious. Easy to make, your guests and family will love every tangy-sweet bite!
● Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe – I have been making this pound cake for close to 30 years. It always comes out perfectly, tastes great, and is moist enough to be eaten by itself. It is great too topped with fruit and whipped cream.
● Texas Sheet Cake Recipe – This old-fashioned chocolate cake recipe is so simple to make! My Grandmother made this exact recipe for many an occasion when I was growing up. This classic, chocolate Texas sheet cake is moist, sweet, and totally decadent.
● White Russian Tiramisu Cake Recipe – This no-egg, no-cooking, tiramisu recipe comes together quickly. It can be served immediately or made the day before your special event or dinner. The melt-in-your-mouth creamy, rich, coffee-cocoa goodness of this white Russian tiramisu will have your friends and family asking for seconds!
I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!